Black Keys Master Class

Magic Russ

Oh jeez.

Well, they are talented for sure but I never really caught on to their music, apart from a couple of funkier efforts. And my wife absolutely loves them, as they are the soundtrack for her midlife Chrysler . . .  and is more or less dragging me to an arena concert of theirs.

They are pretty popular, so looks like I'm in the wrong of it. I promise to keep an open mind as I listen with disdain at their simplicity.  :)

I'm open to the alternative facts of any superfans here . . . what am I missing???

On 9/28/2019 at 6:14 PM, Magic Russ said:

Anyone see this one yet?

All those MasterClass ads are annoying.  Good to see an excellent spoof done by celebrities.  

On 9/28/2019 at 9:20 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Oh jeez.

Well, they are talented for sure but I never really caught on to their music, apart from a couple of funkier efforts. And my wife absolutely loves them, as they are the soundtrack for her midlife Chrysler . . .  and is more or less dragging me to an arena concert of theirs.

They are pretty popular, so looks like I'm in the wrong of it. I promise to keep an open mind as I listen with disdain at their simplicity.  :)

I'm open to the alternative facts of any superfans here . . . what am I missing???

Alternate fact seems to be your wife has good taste in music

Forget the fact that they are popular, they were writing excellent songs, with an organic approach years before they got main stream acclaim.  They have copious amounts of talent, the simplicty could be considered an art.  Dan can get some really interesting tones, plays tastefully and writes good parts with solid lyrics and melodies.  They actually deserve the success, the real deal, in my opinion.  (newest album is "meh" though)

Search "The Black Keys: No longer the underdogs" on youtube.

Edited by Brian Walton