piano roll and built in instruments questions

yeto

Question

I currently use the online version of BandLab which has built in instruments/samples and piano roll.  I know Cakewalk has piano roll but does it also have built in instrument samples? I would need drums, bass guitar and keyboards. 

Thank you in advance for any help,

yeto

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, scook said:

Cakewalk includes the Studio Instrument Suite. A collection of plug-ins for drum, bass, electric piano and strings. Cakewalk can use any 64bit DX, 32/64bit VST or VST3 plug-in developed for Windows. There are thousands of them, some free, some commercial.

Thank you for taking time to reply.

1 hour ago, pwalpwal said:

yes, though none are "built in" so you might need to get up-to-speed on DAWs and VST instruments/plugins, how they work together...

/hth, have fun & good luck!

Looks like I have some "homework" to do. 

Thank you for taking time out of your day to reply,

yeto

2 hours ago, scook said:

Cakewalk includes the Studio Instrument Suite. A collection of plug-ins for drum, bass, electric piano and strings. Cakewalk can use any 64bit DX, 32/64bit VST or VST3 plug-in developed for Windows. There are thousands of them, some free, some commercial.

When I go to the Cakewalk site to download and purchase it basically says no longer available. Can you direct me where to download the plugins/instruments? 

13 minutes ago, yeto said:

When I go to the Cakewalk site to download and purchase it basically says no longer available. Can you direct me where to download the plugins/instruments? 

After more research it looks like I would download using BandLab Assistant. I hope this is right.