Failed to insert soft synth, I need help

carlo

Hi Cakewalk friends, I am unable to load- insert TTS1 into my project! A following error message appears:

Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may be not properly installed.

I am running Windows 10  on a 64bit PC with Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface with the latest Sonar Platinum and also Cakewalk by Bandlab last version updated.

I am using ASIO driver with 24bits/ 44.1Khz. Also my 24 bit field is greyed out and fixed so I can`t change it.

Any Help?

Thank you

Edited by carlo

SONAR Platinum has not been available since Oct 2017. Is this the first time you have tried TTS-1? This can happen when install fails but there are error message displayed during the install.

May want to ask support@cakewalk.com.

3 minutes ago, carlo said:

I am using ASIO driver with 24bits/ 44.1Khz. Also my 24 bit field is greyed out and fixed so I can`t change it.

This is normal. Most ASIO drivers have a fixed bit depth.

No Scook, I am running both DAW in my computer and none is working with TTS-1. I have used TTS-1 a lot of time before but since I had to reinstall and upgrade my Windows OS to Win 10 I noticed this issue.

So I am running also Cakewalk by Bandlab and TTS-1 is not working. It doesn`t load telling me:

Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may be not properly installed

Thank you for trying to help me.

Both DAWs use the same copy of TTS-1 so if it does not work in SONAR, it makes sense that it would not work in CbB too.

I am guessing the DAWs were installed after the Win10 upgrade. If not, the Windows upgrade may have messed with the registry. If this is the case, I would consider re-install both DAWs starting with Platinum.

So you are telling me that both DAW use the same TTS-1? An old 2017 Sonar Platinum and a new CBL ? Really!

Yes I have just installed Windows 10 and reinstall everything but I used to run both DAW on Windows 7 and my TTS-1 was ok.

I have also changed my Interface! It used o be M audio Fast Track pro and now Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.

Thank you very much but I will not reinstall both DAWs because of TTS-1 because I have many VSTis and it doesn`t deserve the work.

I was just trying to play some General Midi staff.

Do you know any General Midi Vsti I can use in place of the TTS-1?

Thank you very much!

Both DAWs share quite a few files. It makes no sense to have multiple copies of the same plug-ins.

By default TTS-1 installs in "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared DXi\TTS-1"

There are several other "Shared" folders under "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk" that both DAWs use.

For GM, I use TTS-1. Never needed to look for another plug-in.

• 2 months later...