Experiencing Serious Issues

ttttimmothy

UPDATE:  Thanks everyone for the help.  I solved the lag issue by changing some settings.  I also installed the latest early access version.  The MIDI clips playing wrong seems to     be fixed.  I am still unsure about the audio not playing, but that only occurred on one project, and can probably be solved now that the program isn't lagging so badly.

Note: I see that an update will likely be released in a week:

Hopefully this update will solve the issues that I am experiencing, but as I am not certain, I will still report my issues:

Several hours ago, CWbB was working like a charm, aside from the usual slight unreliability.  I started a new project, loaded several plugins*, and started adding MIDI notes.  I eventually saved and quit my project.  When I came back to the project, it would not play audio.  The audio showed up on the meters, but wouldn't play through my headphones.  I closed the project and checked another project.  This project did play the audio, though not correctly.  Multiple MIDI clips were playing the wrong notes, and none were responding to to the portamento settings in the plugins.  Additionally, everything was lagging badly, so that events happened about 1 second after I initiated them.

* The plugins were Helm and Synth1, I don't know if they could be somehow be the culprit to these issues or not.

I have tried changing settings, restarting my computer, and reinstalling CWbB, none of these made a difference.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?  Also, does anyone know if this will be fixed in the upcoming update?

Thanks

Edited by ttttimmothy
Update

You might want to add your system specs and setup in the signature.

I cannot say that I have ever experienced what you have stated.  If these things were common, then this forum would be full of people experiencing them

The issues you've listed sounds like things that are outside the control of CbB.  For the bakers to "fix" it, they have to be able to reproduce what you're experiencing.

Here are a few things to try - although I suspect you may have already tried a few of these.

Go to the manufacturer's websites of your Audio interface and download the latest drivers. Uninstall and reinstall.  Windows updates may have borked the drivers.
Try disabling effects to see if another plugin is the culprit.
Try different MIDI Prepare buffer settings
I am assuming you've done the normal tweaks for a DAW PC - you know, disable all power saving, turn off core parking, etc

I wouldn't hurt to lodge a support ticket with Cakewalk - maybe you have a unique system configuration that causes your issues.
https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000025633

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the quick replies and suggestions. 🙂  I will try adjusting some additional settings as recommended.

I doubt that my issues are related to Windows updates, or my PC settings, as neither were changed between saving the working project and reopening it, and finding it malfunctioning.