PA Flash Sale - Bx_Console N

cclarry

4 minutes ago, Zo said:

Yep the chandler takes times to paster , what i like is that it s rarely fatiguing to the ears ... and can sounds british to bluesy .... doesn tsounds fat and so can fit in busy mixes easier than lets say a fender (bassdude) 

Bassdude can shine with a good dist/OD pedal in front, and also do nice cleans and good with Chorus etc, it's actually not bad, but I still don't give it much love unfortunately.

8 hours ago, ensonced said:

ReValver 4 (and 3.5) are pretty good, with RV4 I usually only use the ACT Amp clones as apposed to the other included content, it's kinda like TH-U's Rigs thing except better to my ears, you do need to purchase the ACT Combo module, about $40, but the amp packs themselves are only about $3 each. But I don't fire up ReValver very often, and it's let down a little by it's FX, not as comprehensive or good as say something like Amplitube, which I don't use that much either. Pretty much own everything Amp Sim wise (don't like demoing, would rather purchase and have all the time I need to access, and the ability to revisit any time I feel) Don't think much of stuff like Thermionik, the new Nueral DSP and STL stuff, it's ok, but.

With regards to things like pick response etc, it's a bit like Clint Eastwoods quote about opinions being lioke a certain part of the human anatomy, some people say ReValver will have it, some will swear Thermionik has it nailed, some will say S-Gear etc, personally I can't say I notice any difference myself, don't notice it particularly lacking anywhere, maybe it has to do with set up, input levels whatever, I don't know, but it's never been anything that has stuck out for me, and by how different people will have different opinions on it, perhaps it's in the air somewhere, as long as your happy with what you use that's the main thing.

Interesting. Zo asked about my personal experience, I replied and gave my reasons. Don't you think it was rude to generalize my response and compare it with a stinky little hole?  I mean, unnecessarily rude. Yes, some people are more sensitive to the outer world and others are less, to the point they can't tell false from in tune or even black from white. We all are different. Peace!

Thks @ensonced and @Soundwise  for you inputs ;) 

Thing is i'm grown enougth to make choices and i do trust my ears ..things is i don't play guitar and don't have enougth material , play stiles files ect  ot really test deep  amp sim ./..

Grem was kind enougth to chime in on one of my last track so i was playing on his files ...

Yep bassdude is mellow and lack dynamic imho , but exellent tp soften things out ...i'm surpirsed how in fact when i listen to some tracks that the gtr are really lacking dynmaic and articulation sometime .... so i analysed on my lay back track and amplitube gave me a precision with the vox AC 30 that i didn't had with any PA (that's why i bought th eEngl witch i found pretty precise and dynamic but resold it due to i never used it ... !!! lol )

Now that said i figured out that dynamic wasn't what was need it the track ... at least less dynamic than what i had ....

All this story to say that it's questions of scnearios and taste ... i will from now categories AMp sim not in sound witch is useless so a small parameter change can get a gtr tone in another territory to to the high distortion sometime ... but more in workflow , option , ease of use q, quality of presets ....

This video was reveling .... the guy does direct A/B with HW , and he prefered (me too) the HW BUT i started to analyse the plugins and found that i would have certainly equalise the HW aqnd this would have led me super close to amp sim lol also cabinets is all /....

So thks again ... i ask a lot of questions (redundant sometime) around here sometime , just to confirm my uneducated ears whe it comes to Gtr tones  ...  like any other instruments , i'm super maniac and peaky on when i validate it ..thougth i was tripping but your answers confirm those subtilities that DO make a diff ...

Thks guyz i appreciate !!!

4 hours ago, Zo said:

the guy does direct A/B with HW , and he prefered (me too) the HW BUT i started to analyse the plugins and found that i would have certainly equalise the HW aqnd this would have led me super close to amp sim lol also cabinets is all

That's exactly what I meant by saying, that AT4 is mix ready. 😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

That's exactly what I meant by saying, that AT4 is mix ready. 😀

I know  ;) and you were right ... PA sounds like dry water lol .... but sometime i need that (for other stuff than GTR lol that's why i bought them) 

• Like 1