Act learn mode never works for me

jono grant

Some plugins I have don't have learn controls as part of their interface. Ivory Piano for instance.

Whenever I run into this, I notice the act/learn button at the top of the plugin. Whenever I engage it, then click on or adjust a knob followed by moving a knob on my midi controller, cakewalk never gets the midi message so I'm unable to learn the control.

The plugin is set to receive midi, I can play and hear the piano sound but it doesn't get the learn-control type of midi message.

Also, if I engage automation "write-mode" in Cakewalk and physically move the knob, it doesn't record the automation like that either.

Is there something I'm missing with Act/Learn that has to do with configuration of the program? I'm stumped.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jono

ACT (Active Controller Technology) requires the controller connected throw ACT plug-in (Control Surface plug-in). F.e. "Cakewalk ACT MIDI", "Generic controller", "AZ Controller" or special devices with dedicated plug-ins (Roland). It does not work with MIDI directly, so MIDI received by plug-in itself is irrelevant.

• Like 1