Real Time Nudging

spiffo

What I'd like to see is some way of 'Nudging' MIDI & Audio whilst the Project is Playing.

At the moment in order to make fine adjustment of Track Timing you have to make your Nudge1,2,3 some value, make a guess, apply it, Play it back, decide whether more or less is needed, then repeat the process over and over till your happy.

Ideally I'd like to be able to assign a MIDI CC to a large 'Nudging Knob' then map an External Hardware Fader / Knob to it, so I can sit there with my eyes closed, listening, whilst fine tuning the timing of an individual track so it hits just the right 'Sweet Spot'

It's a pipe dream, but we all need them.

I don't really get what the issue is. Nudge does work in real time, and if you set successively larger multiples of samples for the three nudge values like 24, 48 and 96 samples (.5, 1 and 2ms at 48kHz), and take advantage of automatic keystroke repeating of the numkeys, it's pretty easy to nudge a clip back and forth while playing or looping by progressively finer amounts until you find the sweet spot. Maybe not quite as intuitive as a knob, but pretty easy.