cant setup 2 separate midi devices (keylab mk2, minilogue xd)

Lewis Dixon

Question

I'm trying to set up midi input from both these devices, both are connected via USB and the drivers are all functioning correctly. i have used the rapture microhost and both the XD and keylab can input midi.

I have all relevant input and output ports selected for the devices in the midi manager, i can select these for midi and instrument tracks, however, with both the keylab input and XD input selected, only the XD will actually input midi to a track, its as if the keylab gets disabled, i have to disable the XD midi input in the midi settings to get the keylab working again. I also cant output midi to the minilogue XD, using a midi track with the input from the keylab and output to the XD yeilds no results, as it is not recieving midi from the keylab.

I have tried the exact setup (keylab midi in -> minilogue XD midi out) in another DAW and its working fine and i can use both the XD and keylab together fine in that DAW too, but cannot get both to work simultaneously in cakewalk (in fact, i cant even get a midi track to output to the XD even if its elected as the output port)

Help!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet