Buying refurbished PC's

Mesh

Got the Lenovo PC and it's working nicely. Except for a few scratches on the case, didn't notice any other defects. 

The only issue is there's no room to add another drive (came with a 500GB HD) and I do have a new 1TB ssd I want to use. Will have to see how to move Win10 to the ssd. 

On a separate note, can I use general PC audio speakes to listen with CbB...just for my little one's to hear what they're playing? Or are there  any other (economical) options?

Edited by Mesh

You can use an internal drive as a USB external drive with a dock. The drives pop in and out like a toaster and you can use either size internal drive.

toaster.jpg

The internal drives made for computers are rather dependable (more than those tiny USB things) and you can have a dozen drives and pop them in or out as needed (of course doing a USB eject first).

Insights and incites by Notes

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

You can use an internal drive as a USB external drive with a dock. The drives pop in and out like a toaster and you can use either size internal drive.

toaster.jpg

The internal drives made for computers are rather dependable (more than those tiny USB things) and you can have a dozen drives and pop them in or out as needed (of course doing a USB eject first).

Insights and incites by Notes

I've had mixed results with those (I have a few).  Including one that managed to corrupt two SOURCE hard drives that I was trying to clone because I didn't have them backed up anywhere!  I lost some good data forever...

This is another alternative that has been working well for me: USB 3.0 to SATA III Hard Drive Adapter Cable

image.thumb.png.217499dc33cb30d6e1069010bd230f00.png

• Great Idea 1