PRV: Selected note velocity shown with inversed color

Rogério

Question

This seems to be introduced in the lastest CbB versions:

Inside Piano Roll View, every track has a different color. 

The note velocities might show the same color.

However, is being the opposite, ie, when a note is selected, the velocity shows unselected and vice-versa:

JPnKaQF.png

How to fix this?

7 answers to this question

Not seeing that here; both selected note and velocity tail get darker as expected. In the first screenshot, the note is so light it looks like it might be muted. If you have a track with multiple lanes, and not set to Hide Muted Clips in the PRV, possibly your selected a muted note that is causing de-selection and masking of the an unmuted note in the same place...?

If that doesn't explain it, you might need to give more details about track color, velocity colorization settings, etc.

EDIT: Could also be related to the theme. I still use Mercury, so my PRV background is light, and note colorization for different states may be different.

Edited by David Baay

The Mercury theme I use is the old original 'default' color scheme before the Themes feature was introduced. Now the default is 'Tungsten'.  In the last relase of SONAR, Tungsten still had a PRV with a white background. It looks like that changed at some point. With the dark PRV background, selected notes get lighter to make them stand out, where they got darker in the old scheme. Since I don't use Tungsten, and can't confirm that the velocity tail highlighting matched the note highlighting before 19.09, but one way or another it looks like a problem with the theme definition.

I also noticed that notes don't seem to be colorized by velocity in that theme as they are in the Mercury theme.

Somebody who also uses the Tungsten theme regularly will need to weigh in.

EDIT: Just looked again, and notes are colorized by velocity in Tungsten with the dark PRV, but they get darker at lower velocities - the opposite of Mercury. I never did lik the look of Tungsten. The 'wilted-pumpkin orange' highlights just never worked for me.  😎

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 1

FYI - Was browsing the new features section of online documentation, and noticed one of the first new CbB features in 18.04 was the dark PRV for Tungsten:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=NewFeatures.53.html

My guess is they made a mistake with the highlighting at that time, and will need to fix it. Or you can likely fix it yourself with a little effort, using the Theme Editor. I've used it to modify a few things, and it's pretty straightforward if a bit 'fiddly'. You gotta really love messing with UI artwork in general or be really irritated with some aspect of the default themes to justify any major effort IMHO.   ;^)

I bet if you wait a little while, somebody who see's this, and is a whiz with the Theme Editor will jump on it.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, David Baay said:

Or you can likely fix it yourself with a little effort, using the Theme Editor

+1

To be honest, the Dark PRV was too much for me, the first thing I did when this was changed was create a new theme using the default Tungsten theme and make a white PRV. Like it used to be.