Izotope Product Portal updated to 1.3.2

cclarry

Well, if you have the advanced version you can use the individual modules, EQ, Comp etc the same way you use your EQ's. Comps etc now, as apposed to loading up the whole shebang.  Generally speaking the individual modules themselves are of very good quality. With the standard version I don't think you get the individual modules as standalone vst's (At least that's how it use to be)

On 9/26/2019 at 7:11 PM, RSMcGuitar said:

I don't understand the purpose of Ozone. Wouldn't I have to be close to finishing one of my never ending projects for this to be useful? 🤣

Au contraire mon frere!

The Ozone Elements Mastering Assistant is perfect for project "Never Quite Finished" because it takes the decisions out of your hands and it makes whatever the state of the rough mix sound at least acceptable when you want to show your friends/family/significant other what you've been working on!  It's the lipstick on my eternally fetal pigs.

Seriously, I do find the MA quite useful for "A&R" mixes where I want a rough to sound good fast. Been having fun for a few hours doing some tracking with friends, have the basics down, I can shoo everyone out for a smoke/drink/whatever break for 15 minutes, balance everything, throw Ozone on the master bus and let the Assistant do its thing, a couple more minutes for tweaking the maximizer and spatializer and it "sounds like we've been in a recording studio."

Especially if I've been engineering/playing the whole time and my ears might not be in top shape, turning it over to the Mastering Assistant will probably come out better in the short term just to give everyone something to listen to.

I don't want to watch that video because if they're giving away Elements 8 for free they must be pretty confident we're all going to want to shell out for 9 anyway.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 7:35 PM, ensonced said:

With the standard version I don't think you get the individual modules as standalone vst's

I think with most of their suites they're getting to the point where even down to the Elements versions you'll be able to use the individual plug-ins. Neutron Elements 3 is like that, every Ozone 8 above Elements is, and so is RX Elements. I agree with you on the quality of the processing, and their UI's are my favorite in the business.

It's scary how much smarts iZotope is putting into their stuff. A lot of their plug-ins can communicate with each other across tracks if you want them to. I got the freebie Visual Mixer part of Neutron 3 and I love it for mixing backing vocals, might try it on guitars as well.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I think with most of their suites they're getting to the point where even down to the Elements versions you'll be able to use the individual plug-ins. Neutron Elements 3 is like that, every Ozone 8 above Elements is, and so is RX Elements.

Apparently not, note in the link below under the different moduals where it says 'Available as a plugin' only Advanced has it marked.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/ozone/features.html#comp

I've only ever owned Advanced versions of iZotope's products (only buy the top tier of any product I purchase), and from memory that was the way it always was from what I had read, only Advanced got the standalone plugins, but hey . . .

Edited by ensonced
  • Like 1