Amplitube 4 Not Making Any Noise

Thomas Campitelli

Howdy Folks,

I have what is likely quite a basic question. I have Amplitube 4. The standalone player works nicely. Everything sounds great. In Presonus Studio One, Amplitube works, but it doesn't sound as good and I get occasional crackling. Wanted to check it out in Cakewalk. I drop it in as an effect on a track and I can see the meters in Cakewalk bumping up and down when I play my guitar, but no sound comes out. Amplitube does not show anything on the input, either. What am I missing here?

As an aside, Amplitube can be invoked as a VST3 through the "Distortion" effects, or as a VST2 through the "Uncategorized" effect. I am using the VST 3. Thanks in advance.

Could be input echo is not enabled on the track.

Category tags are a VST3 feature. Other formats do not have this feature. When category support was added to the DAW, the developers added quite a few DX and VST2 plug-ins to the database where this information is stored. When a plug-in cannot supply category information, the scanner looks in the database. I believe Amplitude 4 was released after this database was built so the VST2 may not be in the database. Plug-ins that have no category information are placed in the Uncategorized folder.

It is possible to modify a plug-in's category assignment(s). Here is the help page.