AA Sand 3 Channel Strip

Hidden Symmetry

SAND3_OVERVIEW.png?1569311148

SAND3 is a VST/AAX/AU plug-in suite which reproduces the sonic behaviour of a series of high-end British consoles which literally dominated the Popand Rock scene from the '80s onward.
Sound engineers from all over the world swear by their forward, slightly 'aggressive' sound as well as their logical layout.

In addition to a fully replicated channel strip, SAND3 includes 3 EQ modules, a compressor inspired by 3 different British units, and a preamp module, for a total of 6 plugins.

Last but not least, SAND3 packs the experience of 7 renowned engineers, who have been directly involved in the development of dedicated AI presets, ready for use.

WHAT YOU GET

SAND3 Channel Strip
    SAND3 EQ
    SAND3+G EQ
    SAND3+E EQ
    SAND3 COMP
    SAND 3 PRE

Early access* pricing - €199 €59 - Save 70% OFF

http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/sand-fab4

4 minutes ago, jude77 said:

what do you guys think about Acustica?  Is it really as amazing as people say?

I bought Nave and it is really sounding different (warmer ;) than any other Neve emulations I have.

The only thing I can complain is some performance issues under Sonar (crack, artifacts).  I need to find out how to resolve it.

They also consume lot of space by design. But nowadays it is not such big deal.

Try their free plugs to check by yourself if you find them interesting.

• Like 2

The sound is great but there's a trade-off with the workflow as the tech is very cpu intensive.

I've been using them for years & believe me they've come along way.  Their eq's are stellar, they're still developing their comps but they're much better than they used to be & can be quite impressive ( depending on what type & how you use them)

The company itself has either a good or horrible reputation depending on who you talk to; bad customer support, transfer policies, rude. I've dealt with the owner Giancarlo many times over the last 10 years & he's always been very helpful to me. He's very passionate about the tech he developed, his company & products. I have no issues with their support either except they can be slow..

I still use certain algos for different needs including comps, reverb, limiters, dyn eq's, clean eq's for surgical duties.

I will say that since I started using his products that I've dropped many of the other plugin mfg's I've been using for years altogether. I find that when using AA  I tend to need or use less plugins to get better results.

YMMV

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

I've dealt with the owner Giancarlo

This probably explains why you couldn't have bad experiences ;) It would be strange if owner who invested a lot of his time life didn't understand how are important good relations to customers :)

Thanks for sharing your experience with their plugins. Good to know they are getting better and evolve :)

I must say this Navy thing is really interesting. I have no UAD version. Nor access to real Neve preamp/EQs so no idea how they would sound in my context but anyway comparing to lots of other implementation I have (and like them) it is the only one which make me think of strange and overused word 'warm' ;)

Other ones sound more 'clinical'. Not in bad sense. They are also nice but kind of different universe of sound.

In fact choice depends strongly on context so I am still glad to have them. Or maybe I am hopelessly GAS infected and it is only internal justification to have many plugins?  ;)

• Like 2

We've had our disagreements that's for sure but I respect the guy. There's things that drive me nuts like the poor metering, some the manuals (insert squid joke here) plus the various workarounds you need to know. Luckily I haven't had many major issues (except for the auth. problem in CbB, which is now fixed. ) It can be extremely frustrating at times.

8 hours ago, jude77 said:

what do you guys think about Acustica?  Is it really as amazing as people say?

Sounds superb , workflow and real life usage pretty impossibel expt for some plugisn that are set and forget like taupe ...

waiting for more usuable engines ...

Sand , ti go baxk on topic , is exellent as usual with AA .