Vocal Comping

Creative Sauce

On 9/28/2019 at 9:50 AM, Jim Fogle said:

Hi Mike,

I'm enjoying learning from your videos.  Your demonstration song, "Wonderland", is a good listen.

I'm glad you're finding the Cakewalk by BandLab community is receptive to your offerings.

Thanks Jim! Yep - Cakewalk users are awesome, and eager to learn!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Jerry Freese said:

Does anyone know how to "glue" a single split in comping with out creating another one? I get how to clear all of them on a clip by sweeping the comp tool over them but does anyone know how to put just one split back together?

Hi Jerry,

I'm sorry but I don't know the answer to your question.  There's a good chance many of the folks viewing this video don't know the answer since the video maybe the first experience the viewers have with comping.

Your question likely will receive more views and have a better chance of receiving an answer in the Q & A forum section here:  https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/12-qa/

On 11/22/2019 at 1:25 PM, Jerry Freese said:

Does anyone know how to "glue" a single split in comping with out creating another one? I get how to clear all of them on a clip by sweeping the comp tool over them but does anyone know how to put just one split back together?

With lanes open, select both clips then use CTRL + comping tool - that's the "heal" tool:

clip_healing.gif

• Like 4

Thanks ,I am trying to get this to work by recording 2 lanes back to back in comp mode, sweeping the middle of the two takes to make two splits with the comp tool,selecting two adjoining splits,then move down the clip with the comp tool and control clicking one of them. Just like the video. It does nothing besides de select the clip.

This for some reason is just completely not working. Nothing I can do will heal the split besides sweeping over them. I know this doesn't help people to help me ,but nothing works that has been mentioned. I really think something is broke.

What's an EA release? I just downloaded Cake by band lab last week so if something has been fixed since then...

EA is shorthand for Cakewalk by BandLab's early access program.  Cakewalk by BandLab provides details and access of the next release one to two weeks prior to releasing the product to the general public.  This initiative lets those that want the latest and greatest an opportunity to test a release and provide feedback.  You can learn more about the early access program here:  https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/36-early-access-program-new/

The newest release, 2019.11, was released this week after being in the early release program since November 20.