[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2019.09 Early Access

Jesse Jost

17 minutes ago, David Baay said:

Collapsing it doesn't completely close the view. If you undock it and close it, the check mark will clear. But you should probalby be able to close it by unchecking it in the menu, which isn't possible.

Yes, that all makes sense. Thanks.

54 minutes ago, PeterMc said:

Minor UI stuff, and possibly not introduced in this version:

The top level Views menu has a tick mark and highlight for the Inspector regardless of its state. Also, the Control Bar looks identical when it is active.

viewmenu.png

The views menu checks the items when views are open (minimized or maximized), If you undock and close the inspector then the check goes away.
Selecting the view from that menu toggles the min/max state.  I see your point though.

Edit. I see David Baay answered this sorry.

45 minutes ago, CosmicDolphin said:

Point taken. I still think there' s a better one key solution..somewhere 

I was about to find it in Preferences-Keyboard Shortcuts but the ' Locate Key ' function doesn't help because ESC closes the dialog box even when shifted

My vote would be move it to the opposite side then and use NUM SUB ( minus key ) ..seems to be unassigned by default

Many keyboards these days do not have num pads so that wouldn't be very universal. Why not just assign "Edit | Select | None" to some key of your choice?
You can assign num pad keys as well there.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

The views menu checks the items when views are open (minimized or maximized), If you undock and close the inspector then the check goes away.
Selecting the view from that menu toggles the min/max state.  I see your point though.

Edit. I see David Baay answered this sorry.

In that case, the Browser item works differently. No check mark or highlight when open (minimized or not). The menu icon doesn't change at all. Nor does it alter when the browser is undocked and closed.

Edited by PeterMc
Extra info

2 hours ago, CosmicDolphin said:

Point taken. I still think there' s a better one key solution..somewhere 

I was about to find it in Preferences-Keyboard Shortcuts but the ' Locate Key ' function doesn't help because ESC closes the dialog box even when shifted

My vote would be move it to the opposite side then and use NUM SUB ( minus key ) ..seems to be unassigned by default

The Numeric Pad number 5 (with the numeric pad unlocked) already unselects all. This is what I tend to use while editing in the PRV, even though I use the numeric pad (locked) for nudging notes up and down and I need to unlock it to use it to clear selection.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2019 at 3:33 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

@Jeremy Jensen I was mistaken. I had an experimental build with some other stuff that isn't compatible with Arturia synths.
I am not seeing any issues with Piano -V in the early access build.  Which version of the synth are you running exactly. I have Piano V2 from VCollection 7 Version 2.4.1 and this is working fine here. I saved a project from an earlier release and opened it up in 09 and it plays fine.

If you are still seeing this please reply to this post or contact me with a link to a project file that has this issue and I can troubleshoot further with you. 

Hi Noel, Sorry I haven't gotten back sooner. I will try to get you a project with the problem. I did end up removing the problematic track and replacing it with another. Hopefully I can reproduce the problem. Thanks.

Thank you all for your feedback and participating in our early access preview! The final 09 release is now available.

As mentioned in the Early Access Program Guidelines, we release only after we have finished our internal beta testing, so you are getting a close to final build. It's impossible for us to test every combination of plugins and environments, so we rely on our community to do these final "smoke tests" and provide feedback. Your feedback has been a huge help to us so so please continue participating.  It helps everybody and leads to a stable release.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4