[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2019.09 Early Access

Jesse Jost

27 minutes ago, jesse g said:

Nice and thank you for the great improvements, but with several people have problems updated the early release, I think I will wait for the official release in about a week or two.

I love the Mackie Control Universal enhancements

What problems? I've yet to see any reported issues with this release. Of course if you prefer to wait for the final release that's fine.

Dear staff,
Thanks a lot for the constant effort you put in improving Cakewalk every day.

Why don't you use the same existing crossfade dialog (for clips) in the new crossfade menu as shown below?
It would be more graphic, summarized and intuitive. And, if possible, consider using the selected crossfade type icon for the button::.

PRyYyXz.jpg

Edited by Mariano Germán Flores

Playlist Enhancements??

Since I started the discussion of The Playlist troubles, first let me say thanks for the attention. Some issues are greatly improved. There are a few "strange behaviors that I am trying to sort out to report in a coherent way. More on them in a later post for sure.

My major complaint was the way that CW did not discard changes to projects and close the project after playback. This seems to have been successfully addressed. I am very grateful for this fix as it has been and issue that I reported for many years.

I also reported an issues with the displaying of "Lyric" windows on extended desktop displays. Currently the "lyrics" do display properly on the extended monitor, BUT......

After the first project  finishes playback, lyric windows that are also displayed on the primary monitor are "closed" and not displayed. ( I usually display lyrics on both monitors....sometimes as a second instance of the lyrics of the same track and sometimes lyrics from a completely different track) I can send sample files if helpful.

I am also experiencing Audio Engine Dropouts which has not been a problem before this Early release????? More on that as I can spend time to experiment.

One way of using the Playlist that I have found helpful in live performance is to leave the Playlist "disabled" and load projects from the list manually in random order as I see fit. This will also leave the projects open and stacking up until resources are used up and a CRASH will occur. I feel that projects should also close and the end of playback even when the Playlist is not "Enabled". , but is open....... This of course may conflict with the Edit->Preferences-> File->Advanced->Allow Only One Open Project At A Time setting.

I am exploring strange behaviors when a playlist is enabled, and the user decides to select a different "Next" file from the list. Audio engine dropouts and other issues seem to randomly occur.... hope to have more on that later..........

Again sincerest thanks for the improvements so far.

Regards,

Unless I am missing something, while CTL + D seems to work as announced with clips in track view, it does not really help much in the PRV.

The problem seems to be that you need to select the time range in the time ruler, otherwise any empty space after the last note will not be duplicated. For example, if you have a bar with an eighth note on every beat, you need to select the full bar in the time ruler, because if you just select the notes, when you duplicate them the new copy will start on the last eighth note of the previous bar. This is expected, of course, but the problem is that the time ruler selection does not persist, so even if you select the full bar before duplicating, the selection that includes the full bar with the empty space at the end does not persist after the first copy. So, you need to go back to the time ruler  and select again the full bar before duplicating, something that makes the CTL +D shortcut useless in the PRV.

So, for it to be useful the time ruler selection should persist and allow to repeatedly press CTL +D without having to select each time the area to duplicate. And it would be great to be able to select the area to duplicate just by clicking and dragging in the PRV instead of having to move the mouse to the time ruler.

1 hour ago, JoseC said:

Unless I am missing something, while CTL + D seems to work as announced with clips in track view, it does not really help much in the PRV.

The problem seems to be that you need to select the time range in the time ruler, otherwise any empty space after the last note will not be duplicated. For example, if you have a bar with an eighth note on every beat, you need to select the full bar in the time ruler, because if you just select the notes, when you duplicate them the new copy will start on the last eighth note of the previous bar. This is expected, of course, but the problem is that the time ruler selection does not persist, so even if you select the full bar before duplicating, the selection that includes the full bar with the empty space at the end does not persist after the first copy. So, you need to go back to the time ruler  and select again the full bar before duplicating, something that makes the CTL +D shortcut useless in the PRV.

So, for it to be useful the time ruler selection should persist and allow to repeatedly press CTL +D without having to select each time the area to duplicate. And it would be great to be able to select the area to duplicate just by clicking and dragging in the PRV instead of having to move the mouse to the time ruler.

Have you tried enabling "Use Current Snap Settings on Duplicate Selected Clip(s)" within Preferences under Customization->Editing and setting your main snap setting to a whole note?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Have you tried enabling "Use Current Snap Settings on Duplicate Selected Clip(s)" within Preferences under Customization->Editing and setting your main snap setting to a whole note?

I WAS missing something 😀 Yes, that does it.  I had tried setting the snap to measures, but I missed that. Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

What problems? I've yet to see any reported issues with this release. Of course if you prefer to wait for the final release that's fine.

I think he is referring to the last go round, not this EA release.

Edited by bitman

7 hours ago, Mariano Germán Flores said:

Dear staff,
Thanks a lot for the constant effort you put in improving Cakewalk every day.

Why don't you use the same existing crossfade dialog (for clips) in the new crossfade menu as shown below?
It would be more graphic, summarized and intuitive. And, if possible, consider using the selected crossfade type icon for the button::.

PRyYyXz.jpg

+1  Perhaps in all fade menus

Edited by Jon L. Jacobi