Native Instruments A25 / Komplete Kontrol

Using AzCtrl, you can enable the transport keys in CbB. That is, unless NI has changed the protocol. It used to be based on the Mackie MCU. I have a MkI S88 that works fine, but I stopped updating the driver when 2.0 came out because I had heard there were issues.

As far as Komplete Kontrol (KK), it should work. KK is simply a plugin that acts as a VST host. The A25 should be able to communicate directly with KK. For simple parameter controls without loading KK, you can just use midi CC learn to change parameters.

Dan

I use an S 49 and it works fine with CbB for browsing etc. Just bear in mind that not everything is NKS 2.0 compatible.

The ideal use case is if you have Komplete :). If so, I highly recommend downloading the 7 GB instrument preview file. It's great to be able to hear a representative sound as you're browsing presets.

I do not know current situation with "A".

"S MK1" works with Mackie compatible plug-ins.

"S MK2" does not work with Mackie, current implementation (for other DAWs) are OSC based.

It is known that NI has unlocked "switch to NKS in the current track" method. That is working in other DAWs and possible to make for Cakewalk.