Soundiron Little Epic Percussion

cclarry

Little Epic Percussion is a splendid assortment of small orchestral and ethnic percussion instruments created to complement our existing collection of epic drums. This 3.0 upgrade opens up a new world of percussive possibilities with a fully loaded user interface packed full of powerful sound shaping controls and much more.

The Little Epic Percussion upgrade now allows you to have an individual LFO, Filter, and built-in arpeggiator per layer, giving you endless combinations. The library also comes with 20 custom sound-designed factory presets to help inspire your next film score or video game soundtrack.

You can purchase Little Epic Percussion now for only $19 (MSRP $29) Hurry, sale ends October 8th!

Watch the full walkthrough of Little Epic Percussion

https://soundiron.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=734249b64df7127df21149a84&id=df9cda1cf2&e=b8f13ad2f1

On 9/26/2019 at 1:13 PM, antler said:

I think the two have slightly different targets: Shimmer Shake Strike is more shakers and tambourines played realistically; Little Epic Percussion is more a set of smaller percussion instruments.

What do you mean realistically? The samples? The arpeggiator?

13 hours ago, Monomox said:

What do you mean realistically? The samples? The arpeggiator?

Sorry; I should have been less vague. To me, the samples of both libraries sound fantastic (I have Shimmer Shake Strike, and have listened to the demos for Little Epic Percussion). I meant that one of the strengths of SSS is that it can recreate the 'continuous' (not sure if that's the right word) sound of shaking a tambourine/shaker (though it has one-shots of striking a tambourine too).

Little Epic Percussion seems like it's more of a library of 'one-shot' sounds (that you could 'chain' together with its arpeggiator).

There's nothing 'wrong' with either approach (and both seems to have high quality samples), it's just that they have different applications.

• Like 1

Thanks, @antler.

It obviously depends on the music one makes, but SSS seems to me like one of those amazing, dazzling plugins that one only uses rarely. I mean, how often do I want the guys from Stomp in the background of my tracks? Can't even think on what genre of music uses percussion like that. I don't want to bash the plugin at all. It's probably quite the opposite--I wish I could find a reason to spend my money on it. It seems like a lot of fun, pretty ingenious. I guess the other thing that gives me pause is that I don't think I need 27 types of tambourines, 18 shakers, 31 types of percussion instruments only known to tribes deep in the Amazon forest, etc. I'm being facetious, but you get my point.

I mean, I would buy it in a second, but not at the price they ask for.  Part of me admires their discipline in maintaining a high price despite the plugin bloodbath going around everywhere else. 

9 minutes ago, Monomox said:

It obviously depends on the music one makes, but SSS seems to me like one of those amazing, dazzling plugins that one only uses rarely

It's usage is going to depend on the type of music being made. However, it's up to you how many of up to three shakers/tambourines (in total) you want going, e.g. if you're doing an alt/rock tune, you might want just a tambourine to coincide with the snare hits and a little shake here and there. Or if you're doing a slower cinematic piece, you might want a shaker or two softly in the background.

I agree that it is priced quite high, but they do have a sale every now and then.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...