AAS Ultra Analog VA-3

cclarry

54 minutes ago, synkrotron said:

I'm still sat on the fence.

I feel I don't use VA-2 enough to justify the upgrade.

Don't think too much about justification as it would end you found it ;) 

It was my case. Not used VA2 but well... Now I have better, newer version I will not use 😕

2 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Just curious, why won't you use it Piotr?

I am not keyboard player and analog guy either so I just collected it with a deal to upgrade their whole bundle. I know, I know... But how can I stop it? 😕

But well, there are plenty of presets so who knows maybe one day I will discover sound which match perfectly to idea...

2 minutes ago, Piotr said:

I am not keyboard player and analog guy either so I just collected it with a deal to upgrade their whole bundle. I know, I know... But how can I stop it? 😕

But well, there are plenty of presets so who knows maybe one day I will discover sound which match perfectly to idea...

Ah ok... I'm also not a keyboard player, but it's easy to use some of the sequences that come with it (they're very musical) and then build a tune around that. Basically use it as an inspirational tool. ;)

• Like 3

Tried it yesturday , great but still to tiny ...a lot of work have been made and two osc will give it a second life but i think i m gonna skip this uipdate. ...  nothing exiting enoughth to justify ...i think they should have taking the occasion to go from anotherframework and design ....an instruments isn t the addition of features but something you Play with ... , no play here for me like a lot of soft synths helas ....

Edited by Zo
  • Thanks 1

On 9/26/2019 at 1:03 PM, Mesh said:

Got this last night and just played with some of the preset patches. Have to say I'm very happy with what I heard and totally worth the upgrade!!   

Ditto. I spent ages with it noodling away via MIDI Guitar. Did the "upgrade from Session" at T&S using my loyalty points to reduce it by 10 GBP 👍🏻 

• Great Idea 1

9 hours ago, ZincT said:

Ditto. I spent ages with it noodling away via MIDI Guitar. Did the "upgrade from Session" at T&S using my loyalty points to reduce it by 10 GBP 👍🏻 

Interesting you mentioned MIDI Guitar for this as that's exactly what I'll be doing tonight. 😉

Do you use MG inside the Daw or outside via Loop BE?

On 9/28/2019 at 9:09 PM, Mesh said:

Interesting you mentioned MIDI Guitar for this as that's exactly what I'll be doing tonight. 😉

Do you use MG inside the Daw or outside via Loop BE?

Hey Mesh, yup it was a lot of fun. You can use it in a DAW but I just used it standalone as it can play VSTis from within the software. It also lets you scan just one vsti which is very handy when you know you have only added one plugin.

That default patch (called "Play a Low Note")...play an open low E... instant Tom Sawyer, lol. Just need to add the guitar 😁

Enjoy! 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Very nice colour scheme Promidi.  How are you changing it? 

There is a folder C:\Program Files\Applied Acoustics Systems\Ultra Analog VA-3\Bitmaps that contains PNG files of the various elements of the Ultra Analog VA-3 GUI.

You can edit them with a standard image editor that can edit PNG files with alpha.  One thing to make sure when saving the images is that you save with the alpha channel (transparency channel).  If you don't do this, you will get white rectangular place holders behind the image elements and it will look horrible.  Those who have edited a Cakewalk by Bandlab theme with the theme editor will know what I mean here as you have to do the same with that as well.

Of course, it goes with out saying that if you attempt this, do make a back up of the original bitmap folder.  Also, if you make your own colour scheme, back that up as well.  This is because, if Applied Acoustics Systems ever release an update for Ultra Analog VA-3, this bitmap folder will be over written and will revert to the original. Simply copy the contents of the backup folder to get your colour scheme back (With Ultra Analog VA-3 not running of course)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

48 minutes ago, ZincT said:

@Promidi thanks for the information. I will give this a try. 

I assume AAS's other libraries use a similar scheme for storing program artwork? 

Pretty much, yes

The one for String-Studio VS-3 is in C:\Program Files\Applied Acoustics Systems\String Studio VS-3\Bitmaps

All the others are in the following folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Applied Acoustics Systems\{product name}\Bitmaps

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Promidi said:

Pretty much, yes

The one for String-Studio VS-3 is in C:\Program Files\Applied Acoustics Systems\String Studio VS-3\Bitmaps

All the others are in the following folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Applied Acoustics Systems\{product name}\Bitmaps

Thanks, much appreciated.

So I decided to pick up on the combined upgrade and intro discount, and wow holy shit this is pretty amazing. I am pretty blown away with how the rhythm patches can do arps or pads and percussive lines at the same time with a single chord input. The amount of things you can do with this is nothing short of impressive!

I think this will be a great plugin to do a 1-synth challenge on.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...