Man Makes Noise releases The Duck of Death (for Omnisphere 2.6)

Tapsa Kuusniemi

Today Man Makes Noise releases it's zero ducks giving cinematic sound library: The Duck of Death! https://www.manmakesnoise.com/the-duck-of-death

The Duck of Death is an unusual library. It is not what you would expect. The Duck of Death is an exploration into changing an irritating and horrible sound into something beautiful and cinematic. The Ducks have been used raw and they have been transformed with other tools and then made into wonderful sounds with Omnisphere.

With a face that only a mother could love and a voice not even that mother could love. The Duck (or actually Ducks) of Death brings you a voice heard all over the internet (you know the viral videos of people pushing a bunch of these down and running for their lives). I present a library that begs the question, what makes an instrument?  I’ve gone with the idea that an instrument can really be anything. 

Let’s meet the Ducks. First we have The Big Duck. The Big Duck is the main vocalist of the library, producing most of the raw sonic material. Capable of doing short and long notes, The Big Duck specializes in monotonous delivery. Beat it enough and you can get some more colors out of it. And actually beating it with a stick produces some monotonous thumps.

Then we have The Little Duck. It barks.

The Duck of Death  contains 200 patches, 50 multis and 165 original soundsources. The patches are divided into 11 categories that are easily identifiable within Omnisphere. Arp + Bpm (51), Distortion (6), Electronic Mayhem (2),  Hits And Bits (16),  Keyboards (2),  Pads + Strings (34),  Synth Bass (20),  Synth Long (8),  Synth Mono (6),  Synth Poly (37), Texture Soundscapes (18).

The Multis are divided into two categories with 25 multis in each: Cinematic Duckments and World of Ducks.

The Duck of Death also contains a bonus library of drums recorded from a cardboard box and processed into electronic drum kits. This is provided in a simple Kontakt instrument as well as .wav files.

The Duck of Death requires Spectrasonic's Omnisphere 2.6.

The price of The Duck of Death is 39€ (excluding VAT) with an intro price of 25€ (excluding VAT). The intro offer is available until the 24th of November.

https://www.manmakesnoise.com/the-duck-of-death

Demo

I'm offering a freebie of 10 patches for you to test out what The Duck of Death is. Get the patches here.

Edited by Tapsa Kuusniemi
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Tapsa Kuusniemi said:

Yes, it is. :) But just realized that I typed November there instead of October so I guess I'm going to keep the info on the page and the sale isn't running out yet... :D

Are you talking "your work " the review or the library ?

19 minutes ago, Tapsa Kuusniemi said:

The library. :)

Congrats , started to watch the preset tour and really like the grit , distortion , almost organic guitar like stufff ... lol 

will check it tomorow more deeply ...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...