Audiothing Speaker

cclarry

8 minutes ago, Joakim Lundberg said:

I actually use it quite a lot on drum loops and some guitars as an effect. This can obviously be replicated with other tools but it offers instant gratification. It’s more than eq and saturation though (probably IR:s).

Yep, there are two sides... Such effects (and many others) can be considered in fact as presets (or chains) of more complex ones. So could be replaced with bonus forcing us to be more creative...

On the other side... They are providing fast way to reach goal so giving more time for music itself not tweaking, clicking, trying to much  so big save for something which cannot be refunded in any way...

To be honest I am at both sides in the same time 🙄  Maybe something wrong with me? 🤔

But as with many other 'conflicts' (like subs /a little/ vs refuse to subs at all, to be sticked to just few plugins or buy many to have more options etc)...

Well, all those choices, 'wars', dilemmas look kind of familiar... It feels like it is about balance ;)  Just like in mixes ;)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Piotr said:

Yep, there are two sides... Such effects (and many others) can be considered in fact as presets (or chains) of more complex ones. So could be replaced with bonus forcing us to be more creative...

On the other side... They are providing fast way to reach goal so giving more time for music itself not tweaking, clicking, trying to much  so big save for something which cannot be refunded in any way...

To be honest I am at both sides in the same time 🙄  Maybe something wrong with me? 🤔

But as with many other 'conflicts' (like subs /a little/ vs refuse to subs at all, to be sticked to just few plugins or buy many to have more options etc)...

Well, all those choices, 'wars', dilemmas look kind of familiar... It feels like it is about balance ;)  Just like in mixes ;)

Soooo... you're going to buy it, right? 😝

9 minutes ago, Monomox said:

Soooo... you're going to buy it, right? 😝

No this time 😛

To be honest I would probably take it only if it would be freebe.

I feel I can emulate similar effects and too many great deals around so some things must wait, the others must be just skipped...

Just bought SSL by Acustica and upgraded VA-3 (who knows why 🤔

No logical explanation except one which hard to admit but everybody knows...

Now crossing finger PA will not prepare old fashion deal for something what I desire badly like VSM-3... Still some days left till end of the month and wallet refresh...🤔

• Like 1