Migrating process for CBB /Sonar Platinum to new PC

George Cowan

Question

Hi , I have been a Cakewalk /Sonar  user for nearly  20years .

I installed Bandlab / Sonar Platnum a year ago  on a 7 year old WIN 10 PC last year no issues..Legacy products working fine.

I've installed succesfullyCBB/Sonar platinum on a new WIN 10 PC and want to use my legacy products.

I want to know the procedure for getting the legacy products I bought from Cakewalk over the years on my new machine ?

thanks  George

Part 2....update

I have noticed that a few posts are saying that  the process should be to

a) access My  Account in Cakewalk first and download my  previous Sonar software via Command Centre  in chronological order

b) then install bandlab

Is that process correct? and if so is there a clean uninstall process  of the Bandlab I've on  installed on my new PC?

Part 3 - update  - single sign on capability required   based on this comment

"Users who created a Single Sign-On account between 2014 and 2017 will be able to access downloads for some previous products via the My Products page of the legacy Cakewalk site. Any programs released from 2015 through 2017 will install and authorize via Command Center.

Unfortunately, BandLab cannot provide access to previous users who did not utilize the Single Sign-On system."

If I've got it right then I  guess I'm fXXXD as my password isn't being accepted on " my account" and I have requested 4 resets ~ none of which has came through

ie I don't have single sign on.

Dazed and confused!!

Edited by George Cowan
More info required

13 answers to this question

If you have Platinum, you have an SSO account. If you cannot remember your password,  contact support@cakewalk.com. They can help you re-gain access to your account.

There are several threads about installing on new machines such as

There is a clean uninstall for CbB documented in a couple of threads but it is not necessary if CbB was installed before SONAR. Just uninstall CbB using BandLab Assistant, run the SONAR installer(s) then re-install CbB.

As Steve has mentioned, I would start first by contacting support (support@cakewalk.com).

Straighten out your password issue and then download your platinum installers using your account page or Command center.

To go a little deeper in contrast here...

When you bought Sonar Platinum you needed to install using your online account/command center. Check through old emails to verify you have the correct email address before contacting support. This will help speed up your process.

20190926_142558.jpg.0c88907b0773e0520ad7df7a86f39ce3.jpgHi Chuck,

Based on SCook advice 

I have sorted out SOS.... my issue with password  and access to legacy solved.

I have uninstalled Bandlab on my new PC.

From Control Centre I have downloaded all my assets in the order SCook advised.

I'm getting issues running Rapture with instrument not  playing -  but I have not explored it fully.

Once I'm confident Sonar Platinum and Rapture/ Dim Pro and other plugins are working ok   I plan to  install Bandlab.

thanks again for help... I may need some more!

Edited by George Cowan
Update query...on VSTPLUGINS.

Hi Chuck ,

I started testing my Sonar Platinum download from Cakewalk Command Centre basic functionality fine so far on my new PC.

But I noticed that the a lot of the VST 64 plugins were missing from the download eg BREVERB.

See screen shot above .

Left Side ...new Sonar Platinum installation .

Right Side ..my old  Sonar set OF VSTPLUGINS .

Q1...

The missing non Sonar ones eg Kontakt I get but why are Sonar standard like Breverb Sonar missing from the Command Centre Download?

I've got round the issue by putting second VST path folder  to a copy of my old PC VSTs.

*Although on Breverb usage I get a warning message to reinstall again I've ignored it as the reverb works fine.

Q2

Should I uninstall/ re-install  Sonar Platinum ?

or

if I leave it  as is  will it have no impact my use of CbB post  CbB installation?

Regards George

@George Cowan

Hey George, I cant really read the photo you posted because its a little grainy and too far away to make out anything legible.

I suggest using IMGUR for showing pics that need a good focus. The upload function here is good for something's but not for detailed looking at larger photos.

I wouldn't uninstall/reinstall. I would first try to rescan my plug ins. See what comes up with that and let me know.

FYI- Also Tag me in your post, this way I will get a notification. I didn't even know you responded, I had to check this thread manually. To tag someone just use the @ symbol followed by the user name and then click on the user name from the drop down list. (like I did with your name in the heading of this comment).

Best of luck

Chuck

• Great Idea 1

@Chuck E Baby

Hi Chuck thanks for tips on comms. and photos.

So far most of the VST plugins appear to be working within Sonar Platinum on new PC.

So I'll keep working my way through them.

I noticed AD2 issues but I left them just for now.

I know SCook advised leaving  AD and  Melodyne out the Sonar download and installing them  from the Sites themselves but something has came via the sonar upload..

If its ok I will get back to you if I hit any issues.

Thanks again G

The only thing bundled for AD2 in Platinum are instructions and an activation code. The XLN installer is only available from the XLN site. Once AD2 is activated, installations are managed in your XLN account.

While a Melodyne installer is included with Platinum, the latest installer is in your Celemony account.

Both XLN and Celemony permit 2 concurrent installations. If you are not going to use the old PC, you may want to take the machine out of your account on their sites.

11 hours ago, George Cowan said:

If its ok I will get back to you if I hit any issues.

Anytime :)

I personally loved Sonar Platinum. But Cakewalk by Bandlab is just that much better. Talking probably 1000+ bug fixes, added features and improved stability. It also wont hurt anything if you install them both on the same PC.

Hi Apologies for reopening this thread .

I need some guidance on Uninstall /Re install from Sonar on my new PC .

Recap....

I’ve installed Sonar Platinum a few months ago on my new PC .

I have not installed Bandlab yet 

Why - I continue to get intermittent issues with BReverb  and possibly some other old plugins on projects that run ok on my old computer

I have had this message on a BReverb fault intermittently...

BREVERRB 2 Cakewalk error

Installation corrupted The database of factory presets is missing .

Run the installer again to fix the problem “

Numerous Other 3rd party products are working fine so far

So my questions ....

I think I need to Unistall / Reinstall Sonar Platinum from my Cakewalk account - is that what you would recommend?

I noticed there are potential registry clean ups I might have to carry out to ensure a clean re install is that correct?

If so , I’s there documentation of the uninstall / reinstall that you can recommend?

Note :I’m still using my old pc for outstanding projects  so it’s not stopping me working But I need to move   on .

regards George

Sent from my iPad