SampleTank Libraries for $5 at Esoundz

cclarry

4 hours ago, Freyja Grimaude-Valens said:

Also, IIRC, you can get the free version of ST2 from your account and it's worth installing for the free library included, and to compare how it sounds in the native engine and when imported to ST3/ST4

I have ST 2 XL. With what you and @sarine are saying. I will re-install that old stuff and give them a whirl. I have a lot of Xpanssion Tank stuff. I will have to look and see if I have any of the SR stuff.

Just in case someone is still banging their head against the wall trying to import ST2 stuff into ST4, here are more detailed steps:

1. Extract the ST2 sound pack (e.g. C:\temp\PACK\).
  2. In SampleTank 3 Settings (gear icon, top right corner), Preferences tab, check that the DISK PATH is the same as in ST4.
  3. In SampleTank 3, "hamburger" icon above the keyboard, far left: Import Legacy Instruments...
  4. Name collection NAME. Browse to C:\temp\PACK\ and deeper until you get to the folder that contains the final subsections* - or if there are none, the instrument files (.stip .sth .sti .stw). Import. This should take a while as it scans and converts each instrument.
  5. When it finishes importing, there should appear new folders DISK PATH\Imported Instruments\NAME\ with .st3i files, and DISK PATH\Imported Samples\NAME\ with .pak files.
  6. Close SampleTank 3. I'm not sure if this is necessary, but I did it to ensure ST3 and ST4 would not try to access the same files concurrently, and give ST3 every chance to write the new database.
  7. In SampleTank 4 Settings, Sound Content tab, check that DISK PATH is included (or add if necessary), then Rescan Instruments (below directory listing).
  8. In SampleTank 4, go to the instrument browser (I like to go through the mixer and click on the empty space on top of each channel), click the folder icon (top left corner, next to "LIBRARY") to change to folder view, scroll the left pane way down and click "Imported" (not the ST4 one, but the other with the keyboard graphic).

* SampleTank 3 will replicate the directory structure beginning from the directory you browse to, and call that root directory by NAME, so e.g. in case of World Instruments Collection I would browse to dl-worldinstruments-st-yourname\World Instruments\World Instruments Collection\ where the subdirectories Ethnic Percussion, Ethnic Stringed and Ethnic Wind are located, and name it "World Instruments Collection". In case of Acoustic Guitar Collection 2 I would browse to dl-acousticgtr2-st-yourname\Acoustic Guitar Collection 2\Acoustic Gtr 2\ where the instrument files are located, and name it "Acoustic Guitar Collection 2". This way you get a clean tree structure in SampleTank.

• Thanks 3