SampleTank Libraries for $5 at Esoundz

cclarry

3 minutes ago, mibby said:

Ummm... Are you sure these are current??  The title on that page is "2018 Black Friday Deals Start EARLY at eSoundz!"

They're adding to the cart...I didn't even notice that...but the prices are working

Edited by cclarry

2 minutes ago, mibby said:

Ummm... Are you sure these are current??  The title on that page is "2018 Black Friday Deals Start EARLY at eSoundz!"

This is very old stuff.  I first encountered these sounds as Reason refills ages ago.   But for example, in the vocals there is a Beach Boys type sound, which I haven't heard anywhere.  Of course it has no legato.  It's not realistic by contemporary standards but still fun.

This "sale" seems permanent. I bought many of these months ago at the same prices. The sounds are good, they have the grit and realness to them that is absent from the more current, "higher quality" sound packs. With a little know-how you can still do much of the same stuff with these as you would with the "better" sounds.

There are imperfections, some invited (e.g. what counts as 'grit') and some uninvited (e.g. more or less severe unevenness in dynamics of different sampled pitches of the same instrument that are not attributable to physical characteristics of the instrument). They also don't come with elaborate scripted simulations of real instruments' behavior that some more current synth/rompler VI's use now (something that can be considered both good or bad), and there are not a hundred takes on each sample made using a hundred microphones from every possible angle in an acoustically engineered space. That's not to say a lot of that same processing can't be done with your third party effects. In any case you're advised to know and respect the limitations.

There is a lot of overlap between different sample sets, so a potential buyer may want to do a little research on that prior to purchase, if only to avoid the disappointment from paying for duplicates and cluttering their sample library with them.

I have HALion 6 but I find myself going back to Sonic Reality's SampleTank 2.x sounds again and again, because they often strike the best balance between real, pure and clean, and although I mostly want the "real", this baseline also gives me nice degree of freedom in processing the sound to any other direction without dedicating half of the processing chain to carving out a pragmatic base timbre and then restoring and re-restoring it by means of filtering and saturation/distortion along the way, like I often found myself doing when using "hyperrealistic" (i.e. overprocessed) sounds as the base.

YMMV of course, but in my case these "ancient" samples still beat the higher-fidelity alternatives as the working material of choice, and at these prices Sonic Reality's sound packs have been insanely good bang for buck.

P.s. You can use the free SampleTank 3 Custom Shop version to import these SampleTank 2 samples, and save them as SampleTank 3 packs, which you can then import into SampleTank 4. Works like a charm here.

Edited by sarine

I have downloaded the symphony strings 2 and really having a hard time installing!!!

Anyone know the trick?

I tried dragging the folder into the instruments folder in ST3. Relisted and ST3 sees the folder but when I click on an instrument folder nothing happens!!

Went back to the drawing board and tried importing. Now it shows the instruments but says could not load sample!! Checked the ST3 samples folder and there is no symphony strings 2 sample folder.

Any ideas??

44 minutes ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

I have downloaded the symphony strings 2 and really having a hard time installing!!!

Anyone know the trick?

I tried dragging the folder into the instruments folder in ST3. Relisted and ST3 sees the folder but when I click on an instrument folder nothing happens!!

Went back to the drawing board and tried importing. Now it shows the instruments but says could not load sample!! Checked the ST3 samples folder and there is no symphony strings 2 sample folder.

Any ideas??

I see you did do the import.  Odd that it's not seeing the files...

Edited by cclarry

10 hours ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

Anyone know the trick?

Any ideas??

I think you may need to start with the pack outside of the Sample Tank 3 folder, likely while installing to ST2 first, and then do the import on ST3 and select the folder from within ST2.

I did just that with the World Instruments collection with no issues.

1 minute ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

I don't have ST2. I was told that ST3 would load ST2 instruments. I imported an old version of Miroslav Orchestra way back when 3 came out and had no issues whatsoever. Symphony Strings 2 is just not happening.

I don't think he was referring to ST 2 per se, Sid, he's saying you need to install to a folder outside of 
ST3 and THEN import them, and ST3 should import them to it's own "imported Sounds" location.

On 9/23/2019 at 1:53 PM, sarine said:

P.s. You can use the free SampleTank 3 Custom Shop version to import these SampleTank 2 samples, and save them as SampleTank 3 packs, which you can then import into SampleTank 4. Works like a charm here.

This is exactly what I was going to ask you!!

Thanks for the info.