VSL Big Bang Orchestra- Free

Hidden Symmetry

2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Just a warning about investing $$$ in VSL.  If your dongle breaks down or gets lost you have to pay 50% of what you put in to get your licenses back.  The 2 year dongle protection plan is $70, basically a mob envy.

I agree.  I just have VE Pro, because it's a unique and good product.  It comes with the Epic Orchestra library.

And I'm going to get this library because it's free.

But I'm not buying any instruments from them until they change their dongle policy.   Steinberg uses the same dongle and they have a much better policy. 

55 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Just a warning about investing $$$ in VSL.  If your dongle breaks down or gets lost you have to pay 50% of what you put in to get your licenses back.  The 2 year dongle protection plan is $70, basically a mob envy.

I'm ok with 50% of 000 $ lol 

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

It's a pretty harsh copy protection scheme, and I'm irritated by their "we'll meet you in the middle and you can purchase replacement licences for a 50% discount" rhetoric if your dongle goes missing. Making folks re-purchase something they've already bought because there were unlucky isn't "meeting in the middle". 

FWIW, if your dongle breaks but you still have it, you can return the broken dongle to VSL. If it was out of warranty, you can recover your licenses for 20 Euro per license. If the dongle broke within its 2 year warranty period, you get your licenses back for free and a new dongle to go along with it.

Regardless, it's rather a cash-grab, and made me pretty reluctant to keep buying into their ecosystem. But their stuff sounds good enough that I did anyway, and I now own enough VSL licenses that getting the $70 copy protection scheme was something of an irritating no-brainer. 

2 hours ago, Amicus717 said:

FWIW, if your dongle breaks but you still have it, you can return the broken dongle to VSL. 

If the dongle broke within its 2 year warranty period, you get your licenses back for free and a new dongle to go along with it.

This sounds like a Plastic Surgeon's joke.  😁

• Haha 1