VSL Big Bang Orchestra- Free

Hidden Symmetry

VSL is giving away a new sample library, for free: Big Bang Orchestra
Feel the power of a full orchestra playing at the same time with multiple mic at the Synchron Stage Vienna.
Use this library to create dramatic, mysterious or soft soundscapes. Or just use it to add more power to your music.

- 4 Articulations: shorts, long notes, swell shorts and fast runs
- 3 velocity layers
- 10 + 1 microphone positions
- Several mixing presets
- Synchron Player with included FX. Shape and create your own sounds.
- NKS-ready

"Big Bang Orchestra is a well designed tool for creating bold orchestral statements in seconds."
- Ramin Djawadi

All you need is an account on the VSL website, as well as a ViennaKey / eLicenser.
To make your decision easier we discounted the ViennaKey and the shipping cost in our WebShop until the 31th of October.

https://www.vsl.co.at/en/bbo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I finally got through the checkout.  The install was a lot easier.  (Handy tip you don't need the MIDI driver if you don't have their iPad app).  I only installed the VST3 version.  The UI isn't that bad.  I don't have any VSL products, always avoided them because of the dongle and the way they sell things in tiny pieces.  The dongle isn't a problem any more though since I've moved to Cubase.  I had been thinking about trying some of their stuff, so this was kind of nice.

As for content, this is pretty much one giant full orchestra patch.  Has some nice mic options.  Sounds pretty good if you turn on every mic.  Don't think you are going to get a lot of use out of it though but it's certainly a good demo and fun to play with.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

I installed it an hour ago. I still prefer VSL's older libraries over the 'Synchron' sound although I do like the player.

You really find a diffrenece ? the only VSL stuff i have is what comes with kontakt lol 

!The gui reminds me BFD !

Looking forward to trying this.

Gotta admit, the VSL stuff is really growing on me - I find that I'm using their libraries more and more as I go along, especially their woodwinds, brass and percussion, despite the fact that I don't like their licensing policies and copy protection. 

I still use a lot of Kontakt libraries (all my goto string libraries are Kontakt), but VSL's Special Editions (both the originals and the newly Synchronized ones) have elbowed their way into my template and pushed aside some of my old mainstays, like the EastWest libraries. I almost never fire up Play anymore.

The VSL stuff sounds very good to my ears, and it's really configurable - you can setup the patches in all sorts of ways to suit your preferred playing style, etc. And Ensemble Pro is great; I picked up VEP 7 during their last sale, and offloaded some of my libraries to my second PC (some of my kontakt libraries, ironically), and VEP has run them flawlessly.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

All you need is an account on the VSL website, as well as a ViennaKey / eLicenser.

To make your decision easier we discounted the ViennaKey and the shipping cost in our WebShop until the 31th of October.

Having to buy a key, takes the joy away from being free. :(

• Like 1