Sonitus Reverb Goes Nuts

Terry Kelley

I've traced a problem to Sonitus Reverb. I like the sound of the FX but I occasionally have an issue with it popping, peaking the output meters and wreaking general havoc on the audio. It seems to happen mostly when I increase/change the pre-delay/room size or diffusion when playing a song. I've stopped using it for the most part.

It seems to be ok if I change the setting while stopped but what fun is that!?

Is it just a temperamental plugin? I can't associate it to anything else I might have loaded with it.

Terry

I've used sonitus reverb forever and its "always" been stable.   But ... if I do have a problem with a plugin , virtual instrument  etc... it's usually while i'm making adjustments while playing. I try my best now to limit any live adjustments (other than effect mix levels)  until I stop transport.    ms

You can try the newer Breverb 2 plugin that comes with CBB. I personally can vouch for it sounding better than the Sonitus Reverb plugin, and if I need convolution reverb, I can always use the free Convology XT plugin and use it to load the IRs that came with Perfect Space.

Edited by Freyja Grimaude-Valens

Breverb 2 has a really good plate and decent hall reverb that's hard to simulate with Sonitus.  There's also a good convolution reverb with a lot of presets in pro channel .  I'm still working back and forth between CbB and older 32bit Sonar programs (to use  some old legacy effects) , so Sonitus is usually the  go to reverb for me.       ms

• 1 year later...
On 9/24/2019 at 8:18 AM, Freyja Grimaude-Valens said:

You can try the newer Breverb 2 plugin that comes with CBB. I personally can vouch for it sounding better than the Sonitus Reverb plugin, and if I need convolution reverb, I can always use the free Convology XT plugin and use it to load the IRs that came with Perfect Space.

It's not the same sound though. BREVERB is a convolution reverb, while Sonitus is an algorithmic reverb. Sometimes, you need that sound.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 9:27 PM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

It's not the same sound though. BREVERB is a convolution reverb, while Sonitus is an algorithmic reverb. Sometimes, you need that sound.

True, In which case, free ones have cropped up that blew me away, like Valhalla Supermassive, the TAL Reverb plugins, CloudSeed, and OrilRiver. The Melda Free Reverb also works wonders.