M-Audio Code 61

Andrew Pentecost

Question

I'm trying to set up the M-Audio Code 61 as a mackie emulation and not making much progress. Both Code 61 and Cakewalk support Mackie so it should be possible. I've managed to map faders, rotaries and buttons as a generic controller but can't get the transport keys on the Code 61 to work. Is there any chance that Code 61 will be added to the list of ACT presets? Does anyone have any advice/templates that they could share?

2 answers to this question

Bump. I'm trying to figure it out as well. In FL Studio it's working (not sure if it was out of the box or if I set it up months ago). And I tried to copy over the setup.

In FL Studio it's Code 61 as generic controller (this part also works in Cakewalk), and MIDIIN3 as Mackie Control Universal so the transport is working in FL Studio. If I try to set this up as a Midi device in Cakewalk, nothing is happening.

Anyone had any success?

Figured it out.

To enable Transport control with an M-Audio Code interface, you need to set up a Mackie Control  on MIDIIN3 and MIDIOUT3. In Controller / Surface properties you need to Disable handshake in the Options, else it will stay in status Connecting.

(you also need to set up an ACT MIDI Controller with In / Out Ports Code 61 to play the keys).