Glitchy Audio

ttttimmothy

I am experiencing several audio issues in Cakewalk:

• Certain sections of audio are silenced, seemingly randomly, in files that are exported using Cakewalk.  As far as I know, this is only occurring with segments that are recorded using the "Capture Matrix Performance" button.
  • Sometimes, sounds coming from midi tracks will suddenly distort and clip, creating a very unpleasant sound.  I usually have to reload an older version of the project to fix this.  So far this has only occurred while using ZynAddSubFX and Synth1 as instruments.

Does anyone know of a simple solution to this?

Thanks

Periodic silence usually indicates a plugin that's running in demo mode. Bypass all your effects and see if you still have those gaps.

Don't know about the distortion issue, except to suggest that maybe your ASIO buffers are set too low. Or maybe there is some volume/expression automation or other CC data you're unaware of. Does the distortion always occur at the same point during playback, or is it unpredictable?

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

The distortion usually affects one instrument and will play constantly once it starts, regardless of the point in playback.

I doubt that the silence is related to demo modes, as it once occurred while using the Cakewalk TTS-1 plugin with no effects.

I'll try changing the ASIO buffers, hopefully that will help with the distortion.