Over 50, 000 streams 1st quarter...$9.65 BMI Royalties...

S.L.I.P.

I'm not complaining. Seems like I should get more, but the song is from an album released 15 years ago, so it blows my mind how this song suddenly is being streamed. It's just not one streaming network, but all of them, Spodify, Amazon, Tidal, etc... One part of me is thrilled, and amazed... 

27 minutes ago, craigb said:

No replies from S.L.I.P., I bet he cashed out his Royalties and went on a world vacation... 😁

I'm having too much fun playing with Aquiver for $4.11 US, and Cinematrix for $5.03 US. 

http://rigid-audio.com/products_aquiver.html

http://rigid-audio.com/products_cinematrix.html

I have 51 cents left that's burning a hole in my pocket. 

So using the above payment schedule, if you had 1 million listens to your tune you would make $193.

If every single person in the US (329 million) listened, you make about $63,000.

A Gold record (single) is 1 million sales.

A Platinum single is 2 million sales.

I would think that someone who has a Gold or Platinum record would be making much more than the streaming payments. 

Of course, Gold and Platinum are for sales, but still it would seem that streaming should be more lucrative than it is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Michael A.D. said:

I would think that someone who has a Gold or Platinum record would be making much more than the streaming payments. 

Of course, Gold and Platinum are for sales, but still it would seem that streaming should be more lucrative than it is.

This is precisely what's wrong with the "record business".

The art has been devalued to the point where it's just not worth the time/effort/expense for many bands to make records (especially older "nostalgia" acts).

This is also why concert ticket prices have sky-rocketed.  With no real money from record sales, bands rely on ticket sales and merch.

Not that bands made much from sales in the good 'ol days either!  (Mostly just the labels did.)

Without live gigs, most of the bands would have been broke!  In fact, the Who didn't even make a profit until after Tommy came out (of course, some of that was probably due to Pete destroying his gear at every concert! LOL).

I read recently if you have a track with 1 million streams on Spotify, you would earn about $6,000 (provided you own the publishing too).

Now I would be doing back-flips in the air if I had 1 million streams, but I could hardly live on $6,000 to get there.

If it was easy, everyone would do it, right!?

Congrats on the streams though. That's cool.

2 hours ago, razor7music said:

I read recently if you have a track with 1 million streams on Spotify, you would earn about $6,000 (provided you own the publishing too).

Congrats on the streams though. That's cool.

Thank you. I co-wrote the song, and split the publishing. It's weird, on the BMI breakdown, some of the streaming services seem to pay more than others.  And then there was just thousands of streams labeled, "internet," that paid hardly anything.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

So how did you "suddenly" start getting those streams?

I wish I knew. Someone must of found it, and put it on a magical social media page, and other magical social media influencer people found it. I have no other explanation for a song on a CD from 15 years ago that never did much of anything. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

Out of curiosity, care to share a link to your song? It would be fun to hear and perpetuate the virus!!!

I'm not a member of any streaming service, so I don't know any of the links. When I do  a google search for the song, nothing comes up. So it is a total mystery to me.