Inserting drum section

Mark Shirra

I'm using the android app and struggling to do this...

I've constructed a drum track with approx 30 sections. I've then noticed that I missed a four bar section after the intro. Is there a way to insert or paste this section in without over writing what's there or moving the other 24sections four bars to the right before I paste the section I missed in! It seems like this basic tool isn't there or perhaps I'm missing something. 

Cheers

Mark 

30 minutes ago, Mark Shirra said:

I'm using the android app and struggling to do this...

I've constructed a drum track with approx 30 sections. I've then noticed that I missed a four bar section after the intro. Is there a way to insert or paste this section in without over writing what's there or moving the other 24sections four bars to the right before I paste the section I missed in! It seems like this basic tool isn't there or perhaps I'm missing something. 

Cheers

Mark 

I'm not sure about your reference to Android, but in Cakewalk, you can use the 'ripple edit' feature to slide everything over and insert the missing part.

Edited by razor7music

That would be my guess too based on

19 hours ago, Mark Shirra said:

I'm using the android app

and @Mark Shirra's other threads.

While I am sure there are some here that use both programs and there is some overlap given they are both DAWs, the OP needs to know this forum was created for Cakewalk by BandLab. a Windows program, and not the Chrome-based DAW called BandLab.

17 hours ago, scook said:

That would be my guess too based on

and @Mark Shirra's other threads.

While I am sure there are some here that use both programs and there is some overlap given they are both DAWs, the OP needs to know this forum was created for Cakewalk by BandLab. a Windows program, and not the Chrome-based DAW called BandLab.

Thanks for the input...perhaps I'm confused. Cakewalk is the DAW on the bandlab website right? If I create a track on the android app I am able to pick it up on the the website. Therefore is it not a version of cakewalk I am using on android, albeit with limited functionality? 

Sorry if these are basics...I've only ever used a standalone digital recorder so this web based stuff is a bit of a step through the wardrobe! 

Mark 

1 hour ago, Mark Shirra said:

Thanks for the input...perhaps I'm confused. Cakewalk is the DAW on the bandlab website right? If I create a track on the android app I am able to pick it up on the the website. Therefore is it not a version of cakewalk I am using on android, albeit with limited functionality? 

Sorry if these are basics...I've only ever used a standalone digital recorder so this web based stuff is a bit of a step through the wardrobe! 

Mark 

The browser based DAW on the BandLab website is the BandLab DAW, not Cakewalk by BandLab.

Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) is the DAW formally known as SONAR.

They are two completely separate applications.

What you can do however, is use the Export functionality within CbB to export it to a BandLab project for collaboration / use with the BandLab DAW.

As mentioned above, the Chrome-based DAW called BandLab is a different product.

Cakewalk by BandLab is a free standing program that only runs on Windows. It is available for download here. The documentation about this DAW is here. The installation instruction are here (follow the install using BandLab Assistant method).

Thanks...I must admit I'm not surprised to learn that...how much more basic is the bandlab DAW compared to cakewalk? I've created a full drum track in bandlab that would be a shame to have to recreate in cakewalk...can it be exported? ...and is there a easy to use drum machine in cakewalk?

Regards Mark 

Data exchange between BandLab and CbB is a work in progress.

AFAIK, there is no simple feature matrix comparing the two DAWs. Both have overview pages. Here is the one for BandLab and here is the one for CbB.

CbB includes a drum synth called SI-Drums. The plug-ins bundled with the CbB are detailed here. In addition to what is bundled with the DAW, CbB supports DX, VST2/3 plug-ins made by 3rd parties. There are hundreds of free and commercial plug-ins which run in CbB.