SESSION GUITARIST – PICKED ACOUSTIC

Sander Verstraten

Get the authentic sound of a vintage steel-string acoustic, expertly recorded with a session pro. PICKED ACOUSTIC expands the acclaimed SESSION GUITARIST workflow with 194 new picked patterns and a much-requested option for single-note melodic phrases. And as a thank-you for using one or more other instruments from the series, here’s 10 € off the latest addition. Just enter the code below when purchasing: (code in email)

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/guitar/session-guitarist-picked-acoustic/pricing/?uuh=c5dbbd29a7fc828b97f58e3fd7f87a4b&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=Picked+Acoustic+(Sessions+Guitarist+owners)+c%3Dpickedacoustic+b%3DKomplete+t%3DRelease_PD&utm_content=owned

Sounds nice. But I probably will for the Cyber Sale, to get it for 50% off. Or wait until I upgrade to Kontakt 13. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Soundwise said:

Who's gonna need us, guitarists, with instruments like this? /*gone taking piano lessons...*/

I would not be afraid of that ;)

For home producers it is rare anyway to hire human session guitarists but in bigger productions when every minute count it is much faster for producer to hire approved session musician than try to  do it with help of libs. Especially skilled guitarist can provide her/his own ideas to extend tune :)

And nowadays many guitarist are prepared in her/his own home to record perfect track and send through net even not seeing destination studio...

I am not sure if piano lessons will help anyway I think piano players are in bigger danger. Guitar has so many articulation nuances so in many situations any existing now lib  cannot help ;)

Edited by Piotr
  • Like 2

If the past is a guide, Komplete Ultimate 13 will come out in the fall of 2020 and will include every library that NI has released since Komplete Ultimate 12.   There could also be a new release at that time. 

It seems almost certain that KU13 will be either subscription only or available by purchase or subscription. I’m betting on the former for my future purchasing decisions. 

18 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

An alternate product is Realitone Fingerpick 

https://realitone.com/products/fingerpick-2-0

You can extract the MIDI and change the patterns if you want. I don't think you can do that with NI Picked Acoustic.
Have to say NI Picked Acoustic sounds pretty darn good and is only $10 more than Realitone. 

The full version of Realitone Fingerpick also comes with a nylon string guitar, and you can customize it with some strings nylon, some strings regular.  It also allows you to adjust where the capo is [edit: PICKED ACOUSTIC does too] .  There is also a “12-string mode.”     

I love Fingerpick but I also love the Strummed Acoustic series and will be getting this one at some point.  Maybe it will be 50% off during the NI Black Friday  sale?    

Edited by Tiger The Frog

I got this one yesterday after listening to the demo.

But after using the library it impressed me even more. This library is so versatile.

Not only do you have the ability to change sounds, play single notes with different articulations (from a fairly basic list), you can also change the fret positions of the patterns as well as the voicing note order. Setting the voicing to "As Played" is particularly cool, as it then works as a basic arp, playing the notes you're actually playing rather than recognising the chord:

pickedacoustic.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have both of the NI Strummed Acoustics and seem to use them more than any other Acoustic Guitar plugins even though I have quite a few. They are just really easy to use and sit very nicely in the mix. The downside has always been that they are just pattern players and you cannot even add your own patterns. Picked Acoustic not only sounds great but is a good deal more flexible allowing MIDI note input. 

Just reading Mark's post as I type this and it seems even more compelling! Now I have to decide whether to get it now with the voucher or wait to see if it's in the next half price sale. 🤔