Loom II - 9.99 $US

Paul P

10 hours ago, abacab said:

And I also noticed that Loom II replaced the original Loom after the next plugin scan ran. I presume that it uses the same VST ID as the original.

Hmmm, that's not great - don't really want a time limited demo overwriting a valid installation.

11 hours ago, Syphus said:

Here is my tale:  Installed it without the license installed to Ilok.    Ran cake and the scanner was stuck on Loom.dll.  Closed cake to find that underneath was a dialog box asking for license info.

So I got the license, installed into Ilok.   Ran Cake and no scan, no loom detected.  So I ran the full scan from the manager and Loom found.   Loom was under "Instrument" tab listed under Uncategorized .   Set it to synth and all is good.

Syphus

I'll have a look at that later, but now I've learned that it replaces the existing .dll I'm not sure I want an expiring demo to do that.

6 hours ago, paulo said:

I'll have a look at that later, but now I've learned that it replaces the existing .dll I'm not sure I want an expiring demo to do that.

I was just relating my story  . . .    If you have it installed and license set in your Ilok account.  Just re-scan your plugins with the "Plugin Manager" (Utilities> Cakewalk Plug-in Manager).  You should be good at that point.

Syphus

6 hours ago, Syphus said:

Just re-scan your plugins with the "Plugin Manager" (Utilities> Cakewalk Plug-in Manager).  You should be good at that point.

For years, Noel has recommended running the scanner from preferences NOT the plug-in manager. It might be a good idea to get in the habit of using preferences whenever possible and restricting use of the plug-in manager only when necessary such as exclude list and plug-in layout management.

My experiences suggest always activating iLok plug-ins before their initial scan regardless of the manufacturer. Failing to do so can result in the plug-ins being banished to the exclude list.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, scook said:

For years, Noel has recommended running the scanner from preferences NOT the plug-in manager. It might be a good idea to get in the habit of using preferences whenever possible and restricting use of the plug-in manager only when necessary such as exclude list and plug-in layout management.

Interesting... I will do that next time  . . .  Although, now I'm curious as to why . . .   I will search the old forums and see what I can find . . .

Thanks for the info . . .   Once again  . . .

Syphus