Loom II - 9.99 $US

Paul P

https://www.jrrshop.com/air-music-tech-loom-upgrade

While the item says "upgrade from Loom Classic", I installed and activated it successfully without having Loom Classic beforehand.

(At that price, I figured what the heck, if it doesn't work, I'll just buy Loom Classic for another 9.99, but didn't have to in the end.)

There is a regular Loom II product for 19.99.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, ZincT said:

The upgrade includes Tapestry expansion pack and Touch Loops AIR Bonus Pack.

My Loom2 upgrade version (the only version I have) doesn't seem to include Tapestry as the presets aren't in Loom's preset folder (I'll be copying them into it, as per the install instructions).

The free Tapestry download version found on the fingermarks website also includes NKS patches :

http://fingermarks.co.uk/music2.htm#Tapestry

Where is the Touch Loops AIR Bonus Pack ?  Can't find it on AIR's website.

4 hours ago, Paul P said:

My Loom2 upgrade version (the only version I have) doesn't seem to include Tapestry as the presets aren't in Loom's preset folder (I'll be copying them into it, as per the install instructions).

The free Tapestry download version found on the fingermarks website also includes NKS patches :

Sorry, I can't answer your question but raise a new one. Did the installation and authorization work for you without having Loom classic installed? I am thinking about getting Loom 2 just for fun, seems to be a powerful and playful synth.

5 hours ago, Paul P said:

I received an email from JRR with the Loom II product license and at the end of the email it said..."Free with your purchase, the Tapestry expansion pack and Touch Loops AIR Bonus Pack: -" with links to each item.

Incidentally I already had Loom installed and Loom II seems to have replaced it but all of the Loom 1 patches are available under a Loom 1 Legacy folder.

Edited by ZincT
Correction after checking JRR emails
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ZincT said:

I received an email from JRR with the Loom II product license and at the end of the email it said..."Free with your purchase, the Tapestry expansion pack and Touch Loops AIR Bonus Pack: -" with links to each item.

Thanks ZincT for this.  I found the links down at the bottom of the email which I had missed.

It was a pretty convoluted download, installation and activation procedure for Loom with multiple websites to visit and codes to provide.  I initially ended up with two versions of Loom in my iLok account, a demo version and a full version, and had to move my licence from the first to the second, once I figured things out.

Edited by Paul P
  • Like 1

I don’t have Loom I.  The LoomII upgrade looks exactly the same as the new LoomII license. Only the cost. $10 vs $20. Is the $20 worth it?  Yes, I am getting cheaper by the day!  Or maybe the ‘upgrade’ doesn’t even check for Loom I?  

1 hour ago, balinas said:

I don’t have Loom I.  The LoomII upgrade looks exactly the same as the new LoomII license. Only the cost. $10 vs $20. Is the $20 worth it?  Yes, I am getting cheaper by the day!  Or maybe the ‘upgrade’ doesn’t even check for Loom I?  

Just purchased the upgrade without having Loom I. We shall see.

EDIT: The Loom II upgrade installed and ran just fine, without Loom I being installed. Since it includes "remastered" versions of most (all?) of the Loom I presets, I don't see any need to go through the Loom I to Loom II route for users new to Loom.

I own 3 other AIR synths, so this didn't bother me.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 2

Bizarrely at Plug in boutique  UK pricing is £12 and change for Loom 2 but £40 and change for the upgrade.😕

I promised myself no more synths, but the force is strong at $9.99.....

Downloading demo in last ditch attempt to convince myself that I don't need it.

Edited by paulo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, paulo said:

Bizarrely at Plug in boutique  UK pricing is £12 and change for Loom 2 but £40 and change for the upgrade.😕

I promised myself no more synths, but the force is strong at $9.99.....

Downloading demo in last ditch attempt to convince myself that I don't need it.

I promised myself never to promise myself no more synths or FX.

No sense in making a promise that I'll break EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Anybody got a needle nose pliers I can use to pull the GAS fishhook out of my mouth? 🤣

Edited by John Maar
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Make sure to disregard all the time you've spent writing about it, downloading it, and playing all the zillion presets before you pull the trigger on not getting it. 😜

Well so far I've spent over an hour installing it and trying to get the VST scanner to recognise the .dll which didn't happen so I gave up. 

3 hours ago, paulo said:

Well so far I've spent over an hour installing it and trying to get the VST scanner to recognise the .dll which didn't happen so I gave up. 

Here is my tale:  Installed it without the license installed to Ilok.    Ran cake and the scanner was stuck on Loom.dll.  Closed cake to find that underneath was a dialog box asking for license info.

So I got the license, installed into Ilok.   Ran Cake and no scan, no loom detected.  So I ran the full scan from the manager and Loom found.   Loom was under "Instrument" tab listed under Uncategorized .   Set it to synth and all is good.

Syphus

• Thanks 1