drum replacer stopped working in 2019-07?

martinh

Thank guys.  I'm glad its not just me.  I found that I can get the waveform to come up eventually, but sometimes it seems to take several clicks on the clip to get it to draw, and on one occasion I could not get it to draw without exiting and re-starting.

MH

16 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

Old issue, sonar used to handle this (gapless playback!) but that got dropped a few versions ago, so now I'd it works when transport is stopped its not considered an issue

This most recent update that just dropped today has fixes for the way region FX are handled, I suggest you give them a try.

14 hours ago, Jesse Jost said:

Overhaul of plug-in time sync in engine
There has been an overhaul of the engine to improve and optimize time sync with plug-ins. The changes improve the accuracy of time synchronization while seeking on the timeline during playback and while looping. We also addressed known problems with time sync with Melodyne and other time dependent plug-ins that have an internal timeline. 

This fixes a long standing bug where both Melodyne and Drum Replacer would go out of synch while jumping around the timeline in a live setting.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

The issue with drum replacer not showing waveforms until you click the clip has been fixed in the early access release. It actually broke during the ARA 2 update in May.
The loss of time sync when seeking was a different issue which is also addressed in the 09 release,

Drum replacer fixed AND improvents to the play list! Sensational work @Noel Borthwick:)

7 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

@TenfootDoes the new playlist option to not load the next project in the background solve your glitching problem?

It certainly does @Noel Borthwick. It could be my imagination, but projects seem to be loading much faster too rendering the pre-load unnecessary. The end result is that there is no glitching and zero waiting between songs. Projects with 40+ audio tracks, fx and midi control data are loading in 1 to 2 seconds! The first project in any list loads a little slower, but that has always been the case and is obviously not an issue. The discard changes works perfectly too. The playlist is back in action my friend! Drum replacer is also working like a charm. Thanks Noel - awesome job!

• Like 2