Pre-fader option for the Track Volume automation

Oblivious

Hi Azslow

not quite

when you turn the fader down directly (eg with a mouse), the signal going into the FXbin (Compressor) stays the same (It doesn't decrease) the fader still turns the volume down but after it's gone through the compressor,

but if you use Track automation, it works different, even though the fader turns down (automatically) it turns the signal down before reaching the FX bin (Compressor) affecting the compression,

I hope I'm explaining this ok...

49 minutes ago, Oblivious said:

Hi Azslow

not quite

when you turn the fader down directly (eg with a mouse), the signal going into the FXbin (Compressor) stays the same (It doesn't decrease) the fader still turns the volume down but after it's gone through the compressor,

but if you use Track automation, it works different, even though the fader turns down (automatically) it turns the signal down before reaching the FX bin (Compressor) affecting the compression,

I hope I'm explaining this ok...

This doesn't sound right at all.

If what you say is correct, then this might be a bug.

Well, the feature idea can be direct Pre-FX Volume automation with real-time waveform change. Plus the separation of Post-FX volume automation and the volume slider (so they sum and not fight each other). Also automation clips... Some DAWs have that and in some situations that is cool 😉

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, azslow3 said:

Plus the separation of Post-FX volume automation and the volume slider (so they sum and not fight each other). 😉

This.  Offset mode does this to some extent, but having automation envelopes and automation via the slider be one and the same is unhelpful and causes some unexpected behaviour at times.