Cakewalk bB conflicting with Sony Vegas??

Silvio Gazquez

Question

7 answers to this question

It is possibly Vegas is either trying to scan this DLL or it is corrupt. OpenGL (Open Graphics Layer) is used in a lot of programs. But OPGL32 is an older version. We are up to OPGL2 now. Im not sure if its part of Sony vegas or part of Cakewalk that was somehow placed in the path of the initializing process in starting vegas. Personally I would find the DLL, take note of its placement folder, then I would temporarily move it and restart vegas.

TBH, this may/or may not have anything to do with Cakewalk. it could be just a coincidence. Asking a question like this here is going to be tough as its not really a Cakewalk question, but a Vegas one.

The first thing I would try when one program installation seems to break another program is to reinstall the broken program. If there is a "repair" option under  "Apps & Features" under the application try that first--but that is uncommon. If a re-install fails check to see if you have everything you need to do a complete new installation and then un-install the broken program and try again. Pay attention to the locations where your installation is writing files. Often enough the problem is that a program overwrites an existing file with one that is incompatible with the older program. 

23 minutes ago, slartabartfast said:

The first thing I would try when one program installation seems to break another program is to reinstall the broken program. If there is a "repair" option under  "Apps & Features" under the application try that first--but that is uncommon. If a re-install fails check to see if you have everything you need to do a complete new installation and then un-install the broken program and try again. Pay attention to the locations where your installation is writing files. Often enough the problem is that a program overwrites an existing file with one that is incompatible with the older program. 

I re installed it a few times, in fact i tried with both vegas 15 and 17 and  same thing. I will try to change the install folders by default and choose a different one.

Thanks,