Rock 'n' Roll Ladies

DeeringAmps

Well, just to agree with everyone else, very cool bluuuuuuues. Rockin' side of blues.

ย 

And just to be different, I heard David Bowie-esque-ness in the chorus. Yowsa!

ย 

As an experiment, have you tried putting a large orย  room reverb on the master bus, so everything sounds like a blues club? You have treated it pretty dry, probably lots of predelay . . . I just wonder if something more club-roomyย might be a fun vibe to try out.

ย 

cheers, cool jam!

-Tom

Tom,

David Bowie, wow, high praise indeed. (I was known to wear โ€œglitterโ€ย and even a mini skirt once in the early 70โ€™s, mini skirtย was a parody on a JC Penny commercial โ€œI want to look like an Americanโ€)

ย Interesting thoughts/idea for a bit more live feel, Iโ€™ll have to check it out. I think my cover of โ€œKey to the Highwayโ€ maybe has a bit more live feel, the vocal at least.ย 

Thanks for your input and kind words.ย 

Tomย 

Hey Wookie, I have struggled with the low end โ€œgirthโ€ on this tune it seems almost endlessly.ย ย I finally had to move on. I have other tunes with the exact same instrumentation that just feel โ€œfullerโ€. I guess this is what separates the hobbyist from the Mix Engineer. Thanks for using your furry paws to play my tune ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Tom

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Tom,

How are you, buddy?ย  Hope you're doing well!๐Ÿ‘

I've been away from the forum for a couple weeks due to being super busy at work, and just popped in for another listen to this cool song and saw your reply.

I completely agree with you, I can guarantee the Georgia Satellites weren't the first to use that classic riff.ย  I can remember hearing it from a lot of late 60's and early 70's blues based bands like Savoy Brown, Humble Pie, Johnny Winter and quite a few others.ย  It definitely fits like a glove with the style and vibe of your song and I sure wouldn't change a thing!๐Ÿ˜€

PPS: Yes, Sir, even though after playing live for multiple decades, I've always been a Les Paul guy and have quite a few other guitars, I fell in love with PRS guitars after shopping for a new Les Paul about ten years ago and testing out several new Les Pauls.ย  Unfortunately, at that time, even though the prices were outrageous, Gibson's quality was really suffering and all of them had various quality issues and couldn't come close to my 1971 Gold Top Deluxe, so I tried out a few PRS Guitars and ended up buying three in the past ten years!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Anyway, once again, killer job on this fun rocker, Tom, great stuff!

Have a good one!
Bob

15 hours ago, Bob Oister said:

I've always been a Les Paul guy and have quite a few other guitars, I fell in love with PRS guitars after shopping for a new Les Paul about ten years ago and testing out several new Les Pauls.ย  Unfortunately, at that time, even though the prices were outrageous, Gibson's quality was really suffering and all of them had various quality issues and couldn't come close to my 1971 Gold Top Deluxe, so I tried out a few PRS Guitars and ended up buying three in the past ten years!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Similar story here, always a Paul man, still have the '68 GoldTop my father bought me for my sixteenth birthday, "seduced" by a PRS '93 Custom 24 (goldtop) back in the summer of '94 (do we see a "trend" here?). There are 2 PRS' on the tune; an HBII (Amber) on the rhythm track and my "main squeeze" (Anna), a Santana II, on the lead tracks (very '59ish neck on this old girl). Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, it means a lot...

T

ps: biggest disappointment of my "big guitar hunt" life was a 2003, "we finally got it right!" Brazilian board R7, just not a "real" Paul, and trust me I've been chasing LP's since the late 60's, I've played, and owned, a ton of "Golden Era" Kalamazoo, MI. Gibson's.