Overloud GEM Comp LA Optical Compressor

cclarry

7 hours ago, Carlos said:

😂 😁 I didn't have anything Overloud previously, then I read 2nd poster if you owned a Gem anything you could use a code for 20%, so in the KVR forum
(I peruse there a lot trying to find the best deal, if any) one guy sold this EQ (https://overloud.com/products/eq550) for 10 bucks, so I told myself better 3 plugins for
81 bucks (LA2 LA3 and the EQ), than paying 72 for just 2, right? lol

Thanks for the suggestion mate (your video and the answers in the comments section (towards me) helped me out a lot and pull the trigger).

You re welcome Carlos , the q was giving free back then ... but at 10 its a steal also , i like their eq s because they all have the drive / color of original ones ...

i might cove vmore overloud stuff , since i find them somehow underated or not hyped like other brands that have nothing better to propose lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zo said:

You re welcome Carlos , the q was giving free back then ... but at 10 its a steal also , i like their eq s because they all have the drive / color of original ones ...

i might cove vmore overloud stuff , since i find them somehow underated or not hyped like other brands that have nothing better to propose lol

please do it Zo :) It would be nice to see how  compressor master compares purple PA beast vs O 1176 ;)

3 hours ago, Piotr said:

please do it Zo :) It would be nice to see how  compressor master compares purple PA beast vs O 1176 ;)

You re talking comp 76 ? This is the 76 emu i m using when i m' not using fet from softube via console 1 

it s fast and exellent , not cliky but the only concern is that it can distord and you can do anything bout , like on the HW ... so they stared to propose digital inputs and ouputs for their stuff after that to be able to gain stage without affecting the distortion , with the apogee of the concept with the comp LA with the ability to simply choose the amount of saturation and thd you want !! 

So i really hope they ll do a revision on the comp 76 and also on the ssl emu ...

Piotr , i have so many video i want to do lol ... so i will see ...

3 hours ago, Soundwise said:

Thanks for your video, Zo. My impression of Overloud is that the  'overall approach' is about being silky smooth and precise, while Waves' plugs are transparent and punchy. Generally speaking. Your review proves this point.

Exact , thks for the kind wlrds by the way , you nailed it ...the 1176 is a perfect exemple ...overloud is all about the color ... and you feel and hear it straight .... it s not subtile and it s great because you know exactly when it gonna feet or not , no guessing or experimenting like several brands ... also they re close to hw , for good and bad ... the 670 is so tubey that it kills a lot of lows for exemple ...so we need to be aware when using them ... ANOTHER thing to notice is that they do sound superbe at high sample rate so be sure tu se sonar built it x2 ivetsampling , it wikl make a diff and i feel it with their last release , oversampling option is rthe thing i m the most exited of ...

• Like 2