Overloud GEM Comp LA Optical Compressor

cclarry

Friends i recorded a video yesturday , wanted to make fast and short , i think it went like close to one hours lol , will try to edit today , render and post ...

i compared to waves in my video , i did compared to ik also prior to that , but i simple thing gonna makes me use them  îsyead of the ik : control other harmonics and M/S implementation 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mibby said:

Guys, they have a demo  available, you can check for yourselves first hand.  ... Although I agree, Zo's reviews carry a lot a weight.  The Vertigo VSC-3 is on the top of my "someday" list  thanks to him - especially with the added "mix knob"...   ;)

https://www.overloud.com/products/comp-la

Thks for the kinbd words ...and yep the vertigo is the beast in my folder ...it's ,not the mojo guy , or the color dude ..it's the soulja ready for anything !! solid / reliable / in case you don't know for sure what to use ? use it .... safe and alwayz better !!

18 hours ago, Zo said:

Guyz i heavily tested those and those are my new go to's , simple as that , fuk ....didn't expected that ... and oversampling at ultra is still chilling !!!

Zo, your videos convinced me to give a try for kush compressors and it ended with buy of uk1 (gorgeous thing btw).

I am waiting for nice deal for AR and you are saying you you have another set of go-to ? ;)

Although to be honest I have no emulation for LA3 which many guys claim to be great for guitars. 

Well guyz , the LA 's are known to be smooth and massage experts on vocals / bass / guitars / ....more generaly instruments that need as "smooth " compression .... spank is 1176 job or equivalent .

I'm uploading the video , but you gonna clearly see at least the diff between the LA3A and the LA2A ...

@Piotr you went UBK1 ? and AR 1 ? it's a beast ...

Like i say in the video (that is coming) during creative process or even mixing , sometime i just need what i described upper , fast and easy to set up compression just to help sounds to sit in the mix or have a better stability in time ... and the LA's are typically the type of comps i fire !! The video was on the session i'm testin amps on and reflex was to put a LA 3A on bass (love that on bass , better than any other comp ) , LA2A on guitar (to keep transient but to shine and glue the perf) and even on the master wher i tried it and showed the M/S features 

The beauty of those is the screw (sidechain) witch in my exemple , made us rebuild the balance of the beat (kick snare relation) in a second !!

So at the end ... it's my new go to because they  do at least as good as others but with features that i need !!! being able to switch from LA2a to LA3a on the fly is a Gift !!!!!and pure joy , used it already ...to figure out that one was better than another !!

• Like 2

Hi Guyz , here's my first contact with the new Overloud Comp LA suite !!

1) Intro and plugin tour

2) Use on bass (versus CLA) @ 9 min

3) On GTR (versus CLA) @ 14 min 32

4) On master Bus @ 24 min 37

5) Balancing a beat (snare / kick drum balance with built in sidechain) @ 24min37

6) Conclusion part I @ 35 min 28

7) Mid / Side on the master Bus @ 37 min

😎 Conlusion Part II

Thks for watching , don't forget to like and usb ;)

Hope you enjoyed the watch ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Zo said:

you went UBK1 ? and AR 1 ? it's a beast ...

UBK1 yep, AR not yet :)  There was a deal a while ago for UBK. I saw Mathew Weiss recommended it in his video.

So I got it to test it and liked very much. Something like nothing I have :)  so bought it :)

AR in plans, probably on BF but who knows so many compressors but only 1 wallet :(

Edited by Piotr

23 minutes ago, Piotr said:

UBK1 yep, AR not yet :)  There was a deal a while ago for UBK. I saw Mathew Weiss recommended it in his video.

So I got it to test it and liked very much. Something like nothing I have :)  so bought it :)

AR in plans, probably on BF but who knows so many compressors but only 1 wallet :(

I wish ubk1 get an update algo and gui wise ... but yep def a color box and a comp beast ... same can be said for novatron ...

On 9/17/2019 at 5:10 AM, ensonced said:

Or . . .  $71.20 at OVERLOUD site if you already own any other GEM product with the code in your OVERLOUD account.

I bought a Gem EQ for 10 bucks just to have the discount (and have a gem product ofc), lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zo said:

lol nice move , but i wonder if you couldn't use the code with any previous gem lol anwya this eq has a lot of caracter !!

Check the neuman emulation this is one of my fav itb !!! 

https://www.overloud.com/products/eq495-super-musical-eq

😂 😁 I didn't have anything Overloud previously, then I read 2nd poster if you owned a Gem anything you could use a code for 20%, so in the KVR forum
(I peruse there a lot trying to find the best deal, if any) one guy sold this EQ (https://overloud.com/products/eq550) for 10 bucks, so I told myself better 3 plugins for
81 bucks (LA2 LA3 and the EQ), than paying 72 for just 2, right? lol

Thanks for the suggestion mate (your video and the answers in the comments section (towards me) helped me out a lot and pull the trigger).

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 1