Can anyone make this Absynth 5 patch sync to host tempo?

Christian Jones

I'd post this at the NI forum and I may still, but answers can take forever to come there. In Absynth 5, in the Spectral Expansion library, there's this preset called "Granny Smith" and it's got this organ-ish sound w/ an LFO type thing layered under it and this LFO thingy has a rhythmic movement to it, but for the life of me I can not get it to sync to host tempo or even Absynth's tempo and I've turned every "sec" button to "beat" that I could find as well as clicked to "Sync" button but no go, and from what I understand Absynth already syncs stuff that can sync to host automatically. In the Patch area where you have all those cells, this rhythmic LFO thing is actually coming from a "Mod" cell and I guess it's a ring mod that's doing the rhythmic thing and it appears there no way to sync it, but I hope I'm wrong.

Can anyone who may have it pull up this "Granny Smith" preset in Absynth 5 which is found under the Spectral Expansion library and see if this patch can be synced? I'd be super grateful

4 hours ago, Robert Bone said:

Just to let you know you aren't alone in the world - I DID take a look at this, but apparently I need a whole lot more coffee, because I couldn't figure out how to sync it either - I will try to circle back and look at it some more.

Bob Bone

That's Bob Bone, always looking out, thanks brother. Honestly I don't think it can be done. It's weird that a synth like Absynth would have a rhythmic lfo, ring mid, whatever it is and not be able to sync it. What's causing the rhythmic thing is the "freq shift" in that "Mod" cell or whatever you call those things in the "Patch" area, but there's no sync parameter that I can see. But the grimy organ-ish sound is cool and I can remove that lfo under it and create my own w/ something else, but that's what's supposed to be the cool thing about presets; they already do what you want. Or not. Dang.