A way to simply stretch audio + sliding stretches

Butterfield Science

Cakewalk is great for musical purposes, but I'm trying to use cakewalk to edit sounds for a game and I find it strange that I

a) Can't stretch audio and have the pitch go down proportionally (none of this elastique or any other complicated pitch calculating algorithm - just simply slowing down the playback speed of the audio and letting the pitch go down with it as if slowing down a record or a tape)

b) Have no way to perform a sliding time/pitch scale adjustment on an audio clip e.g. performing the above adjustment to a sweep from 1000-10000Hz to make it all play at the speed required to get 1000Hz throughout. Basically defining for a clip a start speed and an end speed in percent.

I think these would be useful features.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2019 at 7:52 AM, CosmicDolphin said:

Related I was watching a tutorial and I think they were using Logic to make a ' slowdown  / tapestop '  type effect and it was built in to the DAW just like an automation line you can draw on any track.  I would love that feature. 

+1

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2019 at 4:24 AM, Larry Jones said:

Just curious -- have you found a DAW that will do this?

Audacity. Sony Vegas (a video editor). A tape/record. It's a pretty basic omission in my opinion. A bit like forgetting to put doorhandles on a car. A real shame, because otherwise Cakewalk is the best DAW I've ever used.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:52 PM, CosmicDolphin said:

Related I was watching a tutorial and I think they were using Logic to make a ' slowdown  / tapestop '  type effect and it was built in to the DAW just like an automation line you can draw on any track.  I would love that feature. 

Vegas does this, with the "velocity" automation lane, though I would prefer a "resample" option, where Ctrl+Shift+Drag affects pitch.

Actually, there should be:

1: An audio process effect called "change speed"

2: A "Simple Resample" option along side "Elastique Pro" etc. in the "Preferences>Playback and Recording>Stretch Methods" menu.

18 hours ago, Butterfield Science said:
On 1/14/2019 at 8:24 PM, Larry Jones said:

Just curious -- have you found a DAW that will do this?

Audacity. Sony Vegas (a video editor). A tape/record. It's a pretty basic omission in my opinion. A bit like forgetting to put doorhandles on a car. A real shame, because otherwise Cakewalk is the best DAW I've ever used

Neither of these are DAWs.