complete fresh and new SetUp?

Astraios

Hey guys 😎

What do you think about a complete new and fresh installation of CbB?. 
For years I'm running my cakewalk setup driving from one to another update. 
What about my highly-paid plugins like Z3TA+, Rapture, B-Reverb, Presets 
and all the other stuff? 
It might take days to bring all and everything in order again... 
But sometimes it needs a decision like I did with windows 10 update to ver.1809. 
Is it worth the trouble? ⛑️

I started the whole bloody Cakewalk trip to hell almost 20 years ago with something called: Pro Audio 9

pro audio.jpg

Do you mean just re install the program or start over with a new system drive? 

Re installing software "clean" to a old system requires removing a lot of stuff and takes a bit of doing. All those nasty little registry entries and hidden folders and whatnot.

Starting fresh on a nice shiny brand new SSD C drive is sort of easier. 

I used to do this every 2 years in the old days but things seems to work better for longer now.  

• Thanks 1

I think its really worth a fresh blank un-bloated install when you switch over to a new OS or computer (even though I have had success just swaooing my OS hard drive out into a new system).  But cleaner is better in my experience.  It doesn't really take all that long as long as you are organized and be sure you have everything you need before you embark.  It is especially quick  if you are reinstalling on an SSD like Cactus suggests.

Just be sure you save all you existing preset files, themes, keyboard bindings, etc.  I always try to put all mine in the "Cakewalk Content" folder on my D:\ drive but there are a bunch that still get defaulted to C:\Users\(Your Name)\AppData\Local and C:\Users\(Your Name)\AppData\Roaming.  Just copy the folders containing your third-party audio applications (like Waves, Magix, AD2, AAS, Native Instruments, etc.) onto a thumb drive and reload them into you new Cakewalk Content and User folders with the same names.

You can do a selective install of the old Sonar versions you have, just selecting the plug-ins that aren't included in CWbB. 

That's my vote, anyway.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1