Eventide SP2016 Reverb Flash Sale

cclarry

I went ahead and picked it up.  In a nutshell the difference between it is this drop down (and a bypass button):

QNI3DR.jpg

The old 2016 Stereo Room reverb only has the Vintage Stereo Room.  This new one has the other choices.  Other than that they (seem to) have the exact same available settings.  The new one has a bunch more presets.  The GUI is also larger (though not resizable).

I like the way Modern Stereo Room sounds over the Vintage Stereo Room, at least on the test Trumpet midi bit I fed into it.  But I have to admit with so many reverbs I'm not really sure either of these 2016 based reverbs stand out.  If you liked 2016 Stereo Room, you'll like this more.  I could easily see using this as a solid choice for a simple go to workhorse reverb.  On the other hand it's really not special enough for the full retail price ($249!) and to be honest I think it should have just been bundled with Anthology XI.  I suspect I'll still be using ReMatrix, Fabfilter Pro-R, MeldaTurboMB, Spaces II and Reverberate as my workhorses (not that they have anything in common with this really).  I could see this being a better choice than LXP or TSAR-1 though.  Was it worth $29? My quick take (maybe too quick?) is it wasn't worth it for me.  It's not an unfair price ($69 new/$29 upgrade) though if you don't have a workhorse algorithmic reverb.

• Like 1