Update to MMcL MackieControl & C4Mapper

msmcleod

Some updates to both the MMcL MackieControl & C4Mapper:

MMcL MackieControl

• Support for custom parameter labels, so if the auto-crunched 6 character parameter label doesn't make sense, you can now give it your own.

Note: All of the enhancements & fixes in the MMcL MackieControl (which includes all Azslow3's previous fixes) will be available officially in the next release of Cakewalk, with the exception of multiple independent surface support. Feel free to wait for the official Cakewalk version, however if you want it now, or need multiple independent surface support then use this version.

C4Mapper

• Support for the custom parameter labels above, along with a preview of what parameter labels will look like on your MCU/XT/C4
  • For non-C4 users: A new "Remap to Modifiers" button which takes the 32  button layout, and maps Row 2 to M1, Row 3 to M2 and Row to M4. This allows you to create your layout on the one screen, but map them to the MCU's (or XT's) 8 VPot's for use with the modifier keys.
  • Mouse over hints are now available on most controls

MMcL Mackie Control Installer: https://msmcleod.co.uk/cakewalk/MMcLMackieControlSetup.zip

C4 Mapper: https://msmcleod.co.uk/cakewalk/C4Mapper.zip

As usual, any issues - please PM me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 1 year later...

Hey msmcleod, been a while since I have been on the forums and I just grabbed a new Presonus Faderport.  (single)

Heads spinning a bit because I cant get that bad boy to work at all in Sonar Platinum.

For reference -

Windows 10

Updated Firmware

Farerport doesn't show up in control surfaces in Sonar settings.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but so far no luck. Even downloaded your Mackie installer above. 

Not the most PC savvy.  Would love to have the faderport on board!

Please and thank you in advance for help!  

2 hours ago, David Landers said:

Hey msmcleod, been a while since I have been on the forums and I just grabbed a new Presonus Faderport.  (single)

Heads spinning a bit because I cant get that bad boy to work at all in Sonar Platinum.

For reference -

Windows 10

Updated Firmware

Farerport doesn't show up in control surfaces in Sonar settings.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but so far no luck. Even downloaded your Mackie installer above. 

Not the most PC savvy.  Would love to have the faderport on board!

Please and thank you in advance for help!  

Does the single fader version of the faderport have a Cakewalk/SONAR mode?  If it does, make sure you're using it.

If it doesn't, try disabling the handshake in the Mackie Control surface control panel within SONAR's Utilities menu.

3 minutes ago, David Landers said:

I was actually looking for the DLL and could not find it. I figured that's what I needed, but read otherwise at one point. Either way, can you point me in the right direction to find the DLL? 

Please and thank you! 

The link is in the first post at the top of this topic.

On 9/15/2019 at 5:35 PM, msmcleod said:

Some updates to both the MMcL MackieControl & C4Mapper:

MMcL MackieControl

• Support for custom parameter labels, so if the auto-crunched 6 character parameter label doesn't make sense, you can now give it your own.

Note: All of the enhancements & fixes in the MMcL MackieControl (which includes all Azslow3's previous fixes) will be available officially in the next release of Cakewalk, with the exception of multiple independent surface support. Feel free to wait for the official Cakewalk version, however if you want it now, or need multiple independent surface support then use this version.

C4Mapper

• Support for the custom parameter labels above, along with a preview of what parameter labels will look like on your MCU/XT/C4
  • For non-C4 users: A new "Remap to Modifiers" button which takes the 32  button layout, and maps Row 2 to M1, Row 3 to M2 and Row to M4. This allows you to create your layout on the one screen, but map them to the MCU's (or XT's) 8 VPot's for use with the modifier keys.
  • Mouse over hints are now available on most controls

MMcL Mackie Control Installer: http://msmcleod.co.uk/cakewalk/MMcLMackieControlSetup.zip

C4 Mapper: http://msmcleod.co.uk/cakewalk/C4Mapper.zip

As usual, any issues - please PM me.

The DLL can be found via these links? I'm not seeing it? 

Got everything set the way its supposed to be and when I load up Sonar it just freezes now. I have gotten the notification once or twice that the output was dropped because "not enough memory." Any ideas what could be causing this? I appreciate your time. I really do. Starting to wonder if this controller is just destined to not play nice with Sonar and my PC. Should be more than enough PC to handle it. Let me know what ya think. Thanks! 

7 hours ago, David Landers said:

Got everything set the way its supposed to be and when I load up Sonar it just freezes now. I have gotten the notification once or twice that the output was dropped because "not enough memory." Any ideas what could be causing this? I appreciate your time. I really do. Starting to wonder if this controller is just destined to not play nice with Sonar and my PC. Should be more than enough PC to handle it. Let me know what ya think. Thanks! 

The "out of memory message" normally means the MIDI port is being used by some other application, but I guess it could mean exactly what it says.

What version of SONAR are you using?

If this controller doesn't end up working out, what's your take on touchscreen integration with Sonar? As much as we utilize touchscreens on a daily basis with smartphones, it definitely has me wondering if that would be a better option all together. A decent touchscreen will be just about as much as the faderport. Something I'm considering as I'm fighting the faderport. x)