Bx_console SSL 4000 E

DrShelder

2 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Glad I saved my $50 Voucher, just got this for free.  Though I've got so many SSL-type plugins this is actually the least appealing of the bunch.  But I've wanted one of the console plugins and the price was right.

How can you use 2 vouchers? I tried to no avail ;(

I tried one extra someone gave to me (gift) and I get this "A voucher code associated with this promotion has already been used. Only one redemption per account is allowed."

Edited by Carlos

Just now, Monomox said:

You use the public voucher first, then your personal voucher 

I tried doing that, but I got this message " "A voucher code associated with this promotion has already been used. Only one redemption per account is allowed.""
I now tried using my voucher with a different plugin and I still get that message, perhaps the code I was given was used by someone else?

17 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I bought bassdude this month at kvr, and the seller gave me a coupon/voucher so I didn't spend on the license transfer fee.

So, to cover/offset the transfer fee, that voucher he gave you should be a good voucher. Not a used one. Something ain't smelling right.

3 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

got so many SSL-type plugins this is actually the least appealing of the bunch

I gotta give bx credit on this. I thought the Waves SSL sounded good. I think these SSL by bx sound just as good. And they have the random channel thing going on which really works too. 

51 minutes ago, Grem said:

So, to cover/offset the transfer fee, that voucher he gave you should be a good voucher. Not a used one. Something ain't smelling right.

No no, I mean this: I bought bassdude for 15 bucks (last week), and the seller gave me a voucher, so I didn't have to pay the fee. That worked perfect.

Then another guy was giving away a voucher yesterday, and he gave it to me, but now I didn't know I could use only 1 voucher per month, so now
that I know what I couldn't use this free voucher, I morally gave it back by now.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

I think I know what's the issue now, lol:

I bought bassdude this month at kvr, and the seller gave me a coupon/voucher so I didn't spend on the license transfer fee.

Yep, if you used a $50 personal monthly voucher already (your own or someone else's) you can't use a second one.  Same is true for a $25 and a $75.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zo said:

looks like they start to realise .....

I'm pretty sure they understand exactly what they have done and how well it's working.  The real problems with what they have done will take a bit over a year to show up though.  A year from now if the subscription thing is awesome for them, we'll see some big/great new products being released.  If it's not working so well they will have scaled down new product development and lost partners, and the new releases added will be lackluster at best. 

I don't have a problem with subscription software but I evaluate everything on a cost/benefit basis.  For what PA offers I'm not willing to consider a subscription.  Same goes with Slate too.  No audio mixing/mastering plugins are worth that kind of cost to me. 

I've had been thinking about trying the Roland Cloud but when they killed off the permanent license bonus and never seem to have a sale, I decided it wasn't for me.  I had EastWests's Composer Cloud for a year back in 2016 and felt it was a fair deal, but wasn't something I wanted to continue on.  Oddly enough their new releases then had slowed down and were pretty weak, recently it's picked up a bit though but not enough to get me back on board.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carlos said:

I didn't know I could use only 1 voucher per month, so now
that I know what I couldn't use this free voucher

Ohhh... I didn't know that either. Since I have never had more than one voucher, I didn't know this info, nor had I tried to do it. That's good to know though.

3 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

No audio mixing/mastering plugins are worth that kind of cost to me. 

Oddly enough their new releases then had slowed down and were pretty weak, recently it's picked up a bit though but not enough to get me back on board.

Agreed on  not worth it to me either. And you have to wonder, what is it worth to the majority of us here? With all the very good free plugins, with all the excellent cheap plugins out there, why would someone like us want to commit to a monthly, yearly sub? I can see if we were in business with it, but not just hobbyist/part time users. And the vast part of the plugin business is not big studio's, it's us, the regular guys. That's why Waves is selling for $29, because they make more from us than they do the big guys. That's why there are so many small plugin makers. They selling all that stuff to somebody!

And I think just like you found out Matt, those that do the sub will feel after a while they aren't going to continue on. Just not getting enough for the money your shelling out. And then all the companies will do what happened to EW. Lackluster releases, no competitive edge anymore.

• Like 1