Looping

charles kasler

In Cakewalk there is Groove Looping. This allows you to repeat (drag out) a clip as many times as needed throughout the song. But it doesn't really 'loop' the clip.
You can use a sampler like DropZone, load a clip into it and have a MIDI note play that clip wherever that note is placed in a song. I've had that sampler forever so I don't know if it comes with CbB.
Others will be along later to offer more options, I'm sure.

Yeah. You can do Frippertronics type things with Boz Digital Labs Imperial Delay, but if you want it sync'd you have to calculate the time. It goes up to 10 seconds. For longer delay times Melda has Superlooper - I like that as well. Another is Expert Sleepers Augustus Loop.

Edited by rsinger

On 10/15/2023 at 3:36 PM, charles kasler said:

Don't laugh, is it possible to loop an instrument or vocal phrase in a song even as the song timeline continues to play through to the end? I wondered if there was some kind of VST looper that I could add to a clip or something like that. Thanks!

Take a look a Melda's Superlooper if you are looking to do "live looping" style stuff with a VST inside a DAW.  

Frequently goes on sale for 50% off, and there is a $10 sign up for newsletter bonus and if you search for referral codes that knocks another 20% off (if you are not already a customer)