Yamaha Modx and Cakewalk

Brian

Hi 57Gregy

Delivery of the Modx is not until Wednesday, so just trying to find out if there is anything I should be aware of before I start trying to record

I have successfully recorded   my MX49 into Cakewalk so without any problems so hopefully the Modx will be the same,

I will be using Midi via a USB cable , no interface as I only record built in sounds and no guitars or live instruments or vocals,

have downloaded the midi / audio driver ready , so hopefully all will go well, thanks for the reply.

All the best  Brian

Hi Brian,

Never hurts to be prepared.  I hope you enjoy the MODX once it arrives.

If you have not done so yet, in addition to the USB driver you may want to download and install "MODX Connect".  Per Yamaha's website MODX Connect allows the keyboard to be installed as a VST3 plug-in.  More information here:  https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_production/synthesizers/modx/apps.html#product-tabs 

MODX Connect is available with the USB driver downloads https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_production/synthesizers/modx/downloads.html#product-tabs 

Edited by Jim Fogle

Yea, the modx connects via usb 3 with the apps mentioned above, as well as user presets etc.  online.  using it over usb as an interface you can mix between the modx and return signal from your daw.  It is all pretty easy.  Go to the site(s) and download drivers and apps so you will be ready when the synth arrives.  It is pretty slick.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info as regards to MODX CONNECT, just a quick question , it says it will work as a stand alone piece of software ?

so does that mean I can use it without Cubase  and just as any  normal windows program ?

Brian

On 9/16/2019 at 7:11 AM, Brian said:

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info as regards to MODX CONNECT,   Just a quick question , it says it will work as a stand alone piece of software ?  So does that mean I can use it without Cubase  and just as any  normal windows program ?

Brian

@Brian

I don't know the answer to your question. as I don't own a MODX and haven't used the software.  Perhaps you will answer your own question once your MODX arrives and you've spent some time becoming familiar with it and the software.  I'm sure other forum members will be interested in the answer.

• Like 1