Taking Sonar Platinum 1min to load

Kborn

Have you set plugin scan to Manual, or is it still doing it automatically every time SONAR starts?

Waves plugins do take a long time to scan due to the way the WavesShell works.

I'd recommend setting your VST Scan to Manual within Preferences and doing a manual scan when you add a plugin.

• Like 1

Hey, thanks for you responds.  Yes I have my plugin scan set to Manual.  Right now I'm going through  cakewalk plug in manager and excluding plugin's that I don't use. Wave does install a lot of vst effect plug-in's along with the vst instrument plugin's. I have 20gig of memory I'm running windows 10 Pro.  My processor is a i5-2500k @ 3.30GHz.  So far the one's that I have excluded still hasn't helped.

How many plugins do you have installed? Some users had slowdowns loading the plugin inventory from the registry.  It it happens when simply starting the program without a project this is definitely the issue.

I've improved start time for loading plugins very significantly for the next release. This is obviously in Cakewalk by BandLab.

SONAR is no longer a supported product.

No. But you really do need to abandon Splat and get up to speed. There's soooo much that has been improved and one of those improvements is way better integration with W10. Put your DAW on line, update to CbB and go back off line when done. You just need to go on line from time to time to update. 

13 hours ago, Brian Wilborn said:

I noticed that the free version requires you to sign in on line.  My computer that I use sonar to record with is not online, can you install without going online?

It is similar to Platinum where you had to download it online and then you can use it offline. You just need to register it online using the Bandlab app.

Hey everyone, I did run a Ethernet line to my studio computer and downloaded cakewalk by bandlab.  It basically saw all of my plugin's from sonar and installed everything. Still slow when loading. What did most of you all who was running Sonar Platinum do with Sonar Platinum?  Did you just uninstall it?

On 9/16/2019 at 12:22 PM, Chuck E Baby said:

It is similar to Platinum where you had to download it online and then you can use it offline. You just need to register it online using the Bandlab app.

and then log in at least once every 6(?) months to avoid the dreaded "demo mode"

Not really,  I have been with cakewalk since the DOS day’s and pretty much invested in cakewalk all the way up to Platinum.  But I can’t complain because this is the direction that bandlab is taking the software product. I wish they would have honoured the ones that has a licensed copy of Platinum and just continued the path that cakewalk was walking.  Wonder what other little things we will find we have to do since cakewalk is free.

2 hours ago, Brian Wilborn said:

I wish they would have honored the ones that has a licensed copy of Platinum and just continued the path that cakewalk was walking. Wonder what other little things we will find we have to do since cakewalk is free.

Cakewalk Sonar went bankrupt. The company was gone. We were gifted the company to life again by a very logical business man.

I personally am grateful for that and not anticipating "What other little things will we find".

Im a customer of Toshiba TV's for may years but I don't feel like they owe me anything. And if they threw a free TV in my lap, I surely wouldn't be looking for the spy camera xD

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Brian Wilborn said:

I wish they would have honoured the ones that has a licensed copy of Platinum and just continued the path that cakewalk was walking.  Wonder what other little things we will find we have to do since cakewalk is free.

That's cool you're still a faithful user. Waves is a weird plug-in system. Every once in a while I go checking around my drives to see if any plug-ins are putting files anywhere I don't expect and Waves has their stuff all over the place, and they install every different flavor even though I only want Windows 64 VST2 and 3. Every so often with version 9 upon starting Mixcraft, Waves would ask me over and over for the location of its files.

The SONAR Platinum licensees have been treated fairly to say the least, IMO. Even though the company has not existed for almost 2 years, the Cakewalk zombie licensing server is still running, still able to download and authenticate old Cakewalk software as well as it was when Cakewalk Inc. existed, and I think that's pretty amazing.

Needing to run an ethernet cable to your DAW every 6 months to let it canoodle with the home server is standard stuff for a subscription license, which is what Cakewalk by BandLab's is. With any other subscription license (Adobe, Avid, etc.) your computer would somehow need to check in with the home office every so often for validation, same deal with BandLab.

It's like that free subscription to Tape Op, the only price I pay  is they get my address, and to keep it coming  I have to confirm yearly that I'm still here and still want the magazine.

Yep, Waves has files everywhere.  I do like some of the vst instruments and some of the vst effects. But I’ve been pleased with most of the effects that comes with Sonar.

Well I’m glad that updates are being made to Sonar which is now Cakewalk by Bandlab.  I wasn’t aware that Cakewalk Bandlab was a subscription license deal.  I hear what you are saying a lot of software companies are going to the online subscription deal.

I didn’t realize the Cakewalk licensing server is still running, and that I’m still able to download old Cakewalk software.