Time Ruler Selection w/ 60, 30, & 15 sec cut-downs

Paul Montgomery

For my work flow of 60, 30 &15 second cut downs I would love to be able to  select a section in the time ruler and see just how many seconds are selected. Is there a way in our DAW? For now I do the math and cut down that way. It would just be great to see a number of seconds from the highlighted area.  Thanks.

• Great Idea 1

The "Selection" option in the Export Module of the toolbar shows the length of the current selection in SMPTE.

EDIT: Also, now that there are Selection markers in the timeline, you can define a selection of the desired length, using snap to seconds, and then turn off snap ( or set it to some musical time or other relevant increment), and drag it around to encompass what you need.

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

20 hours ago, Paul Montgomery said:

For my work flow of 60, 30 &15 second cut downs I would love to be able to  select a section in the time ruler and see just how many seconds are selected. Is there a way in our DAW? For now I do the math and cut down that way. It would just be great to see a number of seconds from the highlighted area.  Thanks.

On the Time Ruler at the top of the Track View, click the (+) on the right end and add the Millisecond Ruler which shows Hours, Minutes, Seconds and Milliseconds. Use that ruler to select the exact number of seconds you want. You can also choose Snap to Grid resolution in seconds to make it easier to select the exact number of seconds you want.

Edited by Bill Phillips
clarification
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2019 at 10:58 AM, David Baay said:

The "Selection" option in the Export Module of the toolbar shows the length of the current selection in SMPTE.

This is great! I've been waiting for this feature since Cakewalk ProAudio9.  I've been keeping Sonar Platinum on my desktop but this feature alone is worth the switch to Bandlab.  (I'm always leary of free programs)